Stupid stupid stupid electrical system fault

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I’ve just had the electric system fault on my UK Taycan. It cleared itself after 15 mins but now I’m nervous and think I’ll take my reliable 21 year old TT out today instead ?
I’ve also had the full update …..
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve also had the full update …..
And here we go again. My car was in the garage on 16th September after two episodes of thsi electrical fault and nothing was found. The third eposode was this evening. Same fault coming on the screen and the car stuck for about 30mins. It is going back to the garage again tomorrow, they were polite and said to bring it in forst thing tomorrow morning. Has anyone got a description of what the garage needs to fix so that I can tell them
Please so that they can discuss with main Porsche.
I remain disappointed with this fault appearing again. I am weary of even having to put this post up
Again.

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I would hope that Porsche is aware of this serious issue and is working on an update for all Taycans. Does anyone know?

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would hope that Porsche is aware of this serious issue and is working on an update for all Taycans. Does anyone know?
So again this morning the same thing happened so I couldn't bring it to the porsche garage. I had to go to work and when Icame back at lunchtimeto the same fault. The AA technician came out and couldnt fix it so Ive waited for the recovery truck. Now complete electrical failure of the car and the recovery truck cant even get it moved to put onto the flatbed as parking lock and handbrake on. There is definitely something wrong with my car. I’ll keep the forum updated as no doubt others are/will experience this.

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
So again this morning the same thing happened so I couldn't bring it to the porsche garage. I had to go to work and when Icame back at lunchtimeto the same fault. The AA technician came out and couldnt fix it so Ive waited for the recovery truck. Now complete electrical failure of the car and the recovery truck cant even get it moved to put onto the flatbed as parking lock and handbrake on. There is definitely something wrong with my car. I’ll keep the forum updated as no doubt others are/will experience this.
Hi. This is same as mine.. currently sitting in Porsche Colchester waiting 3 weeks for a high volt battery… it’s a joke. Where is yours going?

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi. This is same as mine.. currently sitting in Porsche Colchester waiting 3 weeks for a high volt battery… it’s a joke. Where is yours going?
Norwich. I love my car, and this is very disappointing.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Porsche Norwich have emailed to say that I need a replacement high voltage battery which will take 3 -4 weeks. I am glad something is finally being done.
I am really pleased Caroline.
?
I felt your desparation in your earlier posts and felt very sorry for you.

If I had been local I would have offered to help you out.
But I also guessed you needed help not sympathy.

Good luck.

Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
I am not sure why people believe that the recall update fixes the electrical fault problems. The recall is not related at all.

If you read the recall details it addresses the Motor Control error and Engine Computer error which result in a power loss while driving because of a bug that makes the engine computer unable to read correctly some data from the electric motor. The update does not address any other other issues.

Btw most owners report these electrical faults happen when they turn the car on, not while driving. These faults can either be bad hardware or another software bug. My guess is bad hardware. Either way, it is disappointing and concerning to see these issue.
I’m getting very upset with my taycan4 2021. Almost every time I get in my car I have to play arou d to get car play on..or it goes off while driving,park assist wouldn’t show anything except a car..video went crazy a few times…I stoped the car for 30
min..when getting back in it worked…I can’t figure out to stop showing garage door opening..I have it on the dash button to open. So each time I have to turn it off…how do I turn am radio on..husband wants to listen to football games!..helpi think I want my Tesla S back..

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am really pleased Caroline.
?
I felt your desparation in your earlier posts and felt very sorry for you.

If I had been local I would have offered to help you out.
But I also guessed you needed help not sympathy.

Good luck.
Well my new battery is in place (it cost £40k apparently). It was in the garage for three weeks. All good so far, although I have to admit that I have some angst as I approach it in the evenings when going home from work, just in case it has another whoopsie. Hopefully this is it all sorted now. Thank you everyone for your support.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Well my new battery is in place (it cost £40k apparently). It was in the garage for three weeks. All good so far, although I have to admit that I have some angst as I approach it in the evenings when going home from work, just in case it has another whoopsie. Hopefully this is it all sorted now. Thank you everyone for your support.
Thats really good news. ?

Like anything.....the anxiety will lessen a tiny bit every time the car works ok, until eventually it will be gone.

Enjoy your lovely red Taycan (now!).

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Good news Caroline - I’m hopeful this has the problem sorted, and you can go back to enjoying your car.

ScottSF

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just took mine in to the dealer after having the error 3x in about 4 days. Each time it cleared and the car started after a few minutes. But reading this made we want to get to the dealer ASAP. Will see what they say.
it is annoying, but the car is great. Really fun to drive. I have a great dealership nearby so that helps.
Sponsored