Submarine driving

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Submarine driving snip_20200104192814

We sometimes have flooded roads and I have seen ICEs get stuck. Can Taycan do this too?
Sponsored

OP
OP
feye

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
uhm ... you want to take a bath with a 96Kw battery ? Like Wiley E Coyote ?
Well the new ID.3 in this picture has it's battery clearly submerged, so I wonder if the new Taycan is built to do the same.

Last edited:

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Guys... really? EV's are quite safe in such situations. This includes the Taycan. All the key electrical parts are well protected from water. If you plan on driving it on the ocean floor, then perhaps not, but any earthly water exposure shouldn't be a safety risk.

If the car is damaged and things get exposed, that's another story. But even then the car has very sophisticated and fast cutoff system to cutoff and shut down everything immediately in case of damage.

You can read more about this topic regarding EV's generally from here: https://thedriven.io/2018/12/04/is-a-battery-electric-vehicle-safe-in-a-flood/

Taycan even has a water cooled battery & engine which means they are *very* highly rated for water resistance.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Oh please, guys be real.
Water-resistant doesn't mean waterproof.
Cuz you're under water, pressure builds up and of course, at a point, water will penetrate.
So no, an EV isn't a submarine but driving through deep puddles isn't going to shut you down.
And if it does, well...
Sponsored