johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I’m reading conflicting information online about Porsche Car Connect subscriptions that enable certain functionality in the PCM. Is this true for the Taycan, or does the Taycan already come with all of this stuff? Do you need to subscribe to LTE data separately? If so, how much is it? It’s surprisingly hard finding this information for the Taycan. I live in the US, if that makes any difference as well. Thank you!
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Taycan comes with a 3-year subscription to Porsche Connect and includes Apple Music and various connected services to your Taycan.

The separate LTE subscription at $20/mo. covers just the wifi hotspot in your car and is completely redundant (with your existing cellular plan) and unnecessary.

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
The Taycan comes with a 3-year subscription to Porsche Connect and includes Apple Music and various connected services to your Taycan.

The separate LTE subscription at $20/mo. covers just the wifi hotspot in your car and is completely redundant (with your existing cellular plan) and unnecessary.
THAT’S what I was confused about, the hotspot. I will not be using my car as a wifi hotspot, so I won’t be paying the $20/month. Thank you!
Sponsored