Suddenly can't accelerate

bdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just experienced a pretty serious issue with my Cross Turismo.

I was driving at around 40mph (65 km/h), battery at 60%. I try to accelerate quickly by flooring the pedal and pretty much nothing happens, the car barely accelerates and "stutters" a little bit. No error messages on the dashboard, the only thing I notice is that the grey power bar decreases substantially during my acceleration.

I tried then to disable recuperation mode (which was previously enabled) and, to my surprise, it seems to fix the issue. I can't be 100% sure because I arrived at my destination soon after though.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue? I've seen many posts and articles documenting a total loss of power, but not the issue I'm describing.

Thank you!
Sponsored

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Yes, once. switched off and back on and it was fine and has never happened again.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
How hot/cold was the battery, OP? Was the turtle on the dash?

OP
OP

bdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
How hot/cold was the battery, OP? Was the turtle on the dash?
Can't remember the exact temperature but I had a look at it and it seemed normal. No turtle on the dashboard.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
I've had a similar issue. Strange stutter and no power when trying to accelerate hard. Seemed to be when the car would normally change gear? If I kept trying the Turtle icon would briefly appear.

Problem goes away when the car is left off for a few minutes.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've had a similar issue. Strange stutter and no power when trying to accelerate hard. Seemed to be when the car would normally change gear? If I kept trying the Turtle icon would briefly appear.

Problem goes away when the car is left off for a few minutes.
Suggestion: add the battery temperature to your dashboard display. I had an issue like yours one time on a super hot day, after parking in direct sunlight, with the AC on, followed by hard driving.

Turtle *can* mean battery too hot or too cold.
Sponsored