Suggestions on options / packages add-ins for base Taycan?

Westbyz80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hey everyone! First time posting…Super excited to be here!

I am ordering a Taycan base, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what should be added in vs what’s nice to have (budgeting up to 40k of add-ins, if necessary).
Sponsored

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
IMO, $40k in upgrades you are better off, both financially and performance, upgrading to a 4S. More HP, more standard features that are upgrades on the base, better residual value, etc. Options don’t hold their value as much as higher models will.

Base Taycan starts at $82,500, add $40k, you can get a pretty nicely optioned 4S for $122,500 as long as you don’t add high priced options like Mission E wheels and needed brake upgrades, or all leather interior.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I would start with a 4s and build it from there. Every person’s priorities are different. My build would consist of bigger battery, technology pack, premium packs, innodrive, heated rear seats and steering wheel and extended leather. That’s should be close but probably a little higher than your ~120k

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
Everyone has different priorities, and one of the benefits of Porsche configurability is that you can choose to have a very nice Base Taycan or a more minimal 4S.

I placed an order on a well specced base model because that suits me just fine. But I must have run through the configurator over a hundred times comparing base vs 4S in similar price range.

OP
OP

Westbyz80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Everyone has different priorities, and one of the benefits of Porsche configurability is that you can choose to have a very nice Base Taycan or a more minimal 4S.

I placed an order on a well specced base model because that suits me just fine. But I must have run through the configurator over a hundred times comparing base vs 4S in similar price range.
this is kind of where I’m at…I don’t need a ton of performance…this will be my daily driver…but I’d like something that I can enjoy aesthetically. The base seems plenty fast for me, I considered the 4s and ran the configurator countless times, but I still lean towards a well spec-ed base.

Reactions: B61

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Color, wheels, and interior are very personal, so go buckwild on something you love. You can't go wrong if it's something that makes you happy and smile every time you look at it.

If performance isn't your top priority, I would prioritize comfort. Premium pack with matrix lights and massaging seats is probably a good start. Technology package also adds some very useful features. Heated steering wheel is nice, as are the heated rear seats, but your use case might vary depending on where you live and if you have a lot of passangers.

Must haves on a RWD to me are Air Suspension and Performance Battery+. Real axel steering is a fav of many and makes the car feel a bit smaller than it is in tight spaces.

Go with at least the Bose sound system, it's very good for the money (part of the premium pack). There's some debate on the Burmester, but unless you're a true audiophile, it's likely not worth the premium.

I think the power charge port is a cool feature and the 150kW/400DC Charger might be worthwhile if Tesla opens up their chargers as they said they are going to in the next year (who knows with Elon though).

All of these options above put the car about 27k for options before you even mess with color options, wheels, and leather.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
this is kind of where I’m at…I don’t need a ton of performance…this will be my daily driver…but I’d like something that I can enjoy aesthetically. The base seems plenty fast for me, I considered the 4s and ran the configurator countless times, but I still lean towards a well spec-ed base.
Then you do you. When I was ordering my CT I also picked a well equipped 4

Reactions: B61

RichJ

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 BMW228ix, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Thanks for this post. It was fun to go back to the build your Porsche configurator starting with a base Taycan. After 3500 miles of driving my Taycan 4S, I have found that the only options I "needed" are the Adaptive Air suspension and Bose sound system. This car is so smooth and comfortable that the other options are just personal preference. My suggestion is to pick the color you like, get the Bose and the Air suspension, and then enjoy the daily driving experience.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Body colour.

Performance Battery Plus for extended range if you need it.

Air suspension for the silky smooth ride.

Power Steering Plus, or it comes with RAS. I don’t have RAS, but the steering is superb with PSP.

Full leather interior or vegan interior based on your preferences. Standard interior is still great, so no regrets.

Bose sound system.

21 inch wheels, but your choice.

Anything after that is down to you. 4S is faster, but I wanted options to customise the Taycan to my liking.

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
Can’t you work with the configuratior??
thanks for the helpful response...not sure why this info isn't readily available. kind of a pain to go through every option and check what's standard for each trim level.

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
Seems like you’re going through exactly what I went through … ?.
For me exterior color, interior look and premium package were top priorities, then battery plus just to kill the anxiety. I was on border line for technology package, wanted ACC and HUD.. so decided to go with technology package as made sense rather than adding just 2 things separately. Based on lot YT and forum reviews.. learned porsche can be more fun with PASM and RAS… so decided to add that as well. With all this above and some minor additions to exterior and interior to my likings… i was right around your budget on rwd. Didn’t wanted to compromise anything on my spec and same spec on 4S was additional $20k… which was way out of my budget. So I went ahead with rwd order… I am not worried about the extra power I am gonna miss of 4s.. as this will be my daily commute car to work and planning to keep it longer.. so want to feel and enjoy it every day.
Here is my configuration, PNVNZ8I5. Ignore the wheels.. I will be replacing those with 21 inch vossen’s the same day I pick up car.
Pick your priorities.. must have, nice to have.. choice of exterior color and interior color/look is must have as thats what you see and feel every day, add battery plus if you have range anxiety like me. Premium package is no brainer.. just add it. Wheels.. again your choice, go with what you like. If don’t care about 21 inch.. the go with 20 inch atleast. Yes to PASM and RAS, however do your due diligence. Rest of minor things are your personal choices.. good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP

Westbyz80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Seems like you’re going through exactly what I went through … ?.
For me exterior color, interior look and premium package were top priorities, then battery plus just to kill the anxiety. I was on border line for technology package, wanted ACC and HUD.. so decided to go with technology package as made sense rather than adding just 2 things separately. Based on lot YT and forum reviews.. learned porsche can be more fun with PASM and RAS… so decided to add that as well. With all this above and some minor additions to exterior and interior to my likings… i was right around your budget on rwd. Didn’t wanted to compromise anything on my spec and same spec on 4S was additional $20k… which was way out of my budget. So I went ahead with rwd order… I am not worried about the extra power I am gonna miss of 4s.. as this will be my daily commute car to work and planning to keep it longer.. so want to feel and enjoy it every day.
Here is my configuration, PNVNZ8I5. Ignore the wheels.. I will be replacing those with 21 inch vossen’s the same day I pick up car.
Pick your priorities.. must have, nice to have.. choice of exterior color and interior color/look is must have as thats what you see and feel every day, add battery plus if you have range anxiety like me. Premium package is no brainer.. just add it. Wheels.. again your choice, go with what you like. If don’t care about 21 inch.. the go with 20 inch atleast. Yes to PASM and RAS, however do your due diligence. Rest of minor things are your personal choices.. good luck
thank you! I’m considering adding PASM with the air supsoension and RAS to my config. You’re saying it’s worth it, correct?

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
RAS, PDCC, PTV plus, night vision... and olea. Those options are something I wouldn't want to be without.
And of course, 4WD.
Do I miss more horse-power? Nah... I prefer to have more options on base CT4.

(btw: what's PASM stands for?)
Sponsored