Summary of US Tax Credits for EVs

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The tax credit for EVSE's for those not knowing is not just for the install expense alone but also on the units themselves i.e. 30% on both.

Ll312

First Name
LL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, S7, Q8
Country flag
Think the line item charge on the sticker for the mobile charger connect counts for an evse credit?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Think the line item charge on the sticker for the mobile charger connect counts for an evse credit?
Interesting question! Had not considered this at all but TBH, I suspect as it is 'part' of the car purchase that it would be covered with the std $7500 credit - pretty much same for all EV's as all come with a basic charger to operate. Also the credit is for installing a charger at a domicile or business w.r.t. the EVSE tax break so again, probably excludes mobile chargers that are packaged with EV's as a necessary std. item.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Since the mobile charger connect is an extra cost option, not included in base price for the Taycan, I would include its cost, along with the cost for any electrical line installation, in filing Form 8911 for the EVSE 30% tax credit (formally known as IRC Section 30C. Alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit).

The mobile charger plus, which is included in base Taycan price, would not be included in calculating EVSE tax credit, but the cost of installing the electrical line - assuming you have a new line installed - would count toward the credit.

EVSE tax credit expires for years after 2021 (at least under current law).
Sponsored