Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche needs to spend more effort in actually MAKING the cars and less time advertising something they can't seem to deliver...

$0.02
Yes, hyping a Super Bowl advertising blitz at the same time they announce a 2 month delay in initial production makes me feel the same.

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
Yes, hyping a Super Bowl advertising blitz at the same time they announce a 2 month delay in initial production makes me feel the same.
crazy that they are supposedly sold out with over 20k orders yet they are spending money on a super bowl ad. Wow, they have nothing on Tesla. I have my order in for the Taycan, but you have to question why they would need to advertise, especially during one of the times when the cost for an ad is way overpriced. Porsche is Porsche and what they are doing is wasting money as these dollars should go to developing better battery technology to try and catch Tesla and their 7 year moat.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Guys, I'm pretty sure the people working in marketing are not the same people in the factory building cars. They're not pulling folks off the line to make commercials.
crazy that they are supposedly sold out with over 20k orders yet they are spending money on a super bowl ad. Wow, they have nothing on Tesla. I have my order in for the Taycan, but you have to question why they would need to advertise, especially during one of the times when the cost for an ad is way overpriced. Porsche is Porsche and what they are doing is wasting money as these dollars should go to developing better battery technology to try and catch Tesla and their 7 year moat.
The Tesla Fanboy Basement Mafia stuns me more and more every single day. I am glad you like your Tesla, I think it is a GREAT car to load up the kids and take them to Applebees or Cracker Barrel. A wonderful , practical A to B vehicle . Porsche is Porsche for a reason

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
The Tesla Fanboy Basement Mafia stuns me more and more every single day. I am glad you like your Tesla, I think it is a GREAT car to load up the kids and take them to Applebees or Cracker Barrel. A wonderful , practical A to B vehicle . Porsche is Porsche for a reason
I agree that Porsche is Porsche and that is why I have owned 5 Porsche’s in my life, However, the FACTS are that Porsche Battery technology is 7 years behind Tesla and it shows in their Taycan. To get 200 miles out of of their best battery which is 93 kWh, where Tesla’s 85 kWh from2012 is getting 250+ miles of range, that is a significant difference. Porsche is known for their engineering so you would think that they would be able to have Better Battery technology knowing what Tesla has been working on these last 10+ years. If the Tesla fanboy basement mafia stuns you more and more everyday, then the Porsche fanboy basement mafia takes it one step further. Facts are facts.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guys, I'm pretty sure the people working in marketing are not the same people in the factory building cars. They're not pulling folks off the line to make commercials.
I mean it’s true but I sure wish they spent more effort on talking to my dealer and telling us wtf is going on instead of a commercial for ... 2021 sales ?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
crazy that they are supposedly sold out with over 20k orders yet they are spending money on a super bowl ad...
"Sold Out"? They haven't sold $hit!

In order to be "Sold Out" you actually have to have SOLD something. They can't even begin to SELL anything until they release some ALLOCATIONS. All they "have" right now is a bunch of deposit holders WAITING for allocations.

So, NO, they aren't SOLD OUT. The only folks who apparently have access to Taycans is Journalists (and folks making Superbowl Ads)...

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
I agree that Porsche is Porsche and that is why I have owned 5 Porsche’s in my life, However, the FACTS are that Porsche Battery technology is 7 years behind Tesla and it shows in their Taycan. To get 200 miles out of of their best battery which is 93 kWh, where Tesla’s 85 kWh from2012 is getting 250+ miles of range, that is a significant difference. Porsche is known for their engineering so you would think that they would be able to have Better Battery technology knowing what Tesla has been working on these last 10+ years. If the Tesla fanboy basement mafia stuns you more and more everyday, then the Porsche fanboy basement mafia takes it one step further. Facts are facts.
Aha, so it's battery technology that gives Tesla better range. I must have got it completely wrong because for years I thought better range per kWh came from efficient drive-trains, low drag and wheels with low rolling resistance.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Aha, so it's battery technology that gives Tesla better range. I must have got it completely wrong because for years I thought better range per kWh came from efficient drive-trains, low drag and wheels with low rolling resistance.
I recognize your sarcasm, and I agree with you.

The KWH rating of a battery reflects how much power it can hold. Basically: A 93 KWH battery can put out 93 KW for 1 Hour, 1 KW for 93 KW Hours, or some multiple in between. A 93 KWH battery can do approximately 9% more work than an 85 KWH battery. So Tesla's battery technology has nothing to do with the vehicles extended range. 85 KWH is 85 KWH. One might try to claim that a reduction in battery weight (i.e. "technology") might give some limited advantage, but this is not that...

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
It is however, a little surprising that Porsche has decided to go out and advertise the Taycan at the Super Bowl..... because if they have deposits to build up to about 40000 cars and they are having a hard time ramping up..... they could just wait to advertise until they can produce so that they do not get stuck in the dilemma of having even more deposits and very few deliveries creating their own model 3 syndrome with a lot of not very happy potential customers...……. So in my book a questionable move.....

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thermal management and software are two critical areas Tesla holds a very large lead in. The battery chemistry is basically the same. Tesla’s cell packaging has made some different trade offs, better for weight and range. Porsche is also handicapping itself ~12% as unusable reserve capacity (over provisioning).

alevek

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2019 Audi Etron Prestige
Country flag
Tesla does not have a 7 year moat. They have an obsolete battery and Supercharger technology that is being surpassed by every OEM, especially Porsche.
Sponsored