evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Tesla does not have a 7 year moat. They have an obsolete battery and Supercharger technology that is being surpassed by every OEM, especially Porsche.
Funny how Tesla is getting the job done and selling cars though (unlike all your other OEM, inc Porsche...)
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Tesla does not have a 7 year moat. They have an obsolete battery and Supercharger technology that is being surpassed by every OEM, especially Porsche.
That is a very strong statement!
Where did you get this fact from?
We will see in time how the battery technology and battery management system on the Taycan stacks up. AUDI certainly did not get it correct yet in their e-tron

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
check your facts before you post.... no need to bash other brands just concentrate on this one or at least on what you know......

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag

Wait, were you the person agreeing with Kyrie Irving that the earth is flat? Please bring actual facts to this forum and not alternative facts. Tesla, their battery technology and their supercharger network, as of today, is the best of any OEM manufacturer. In fact, if VW did not get caught in dieselgate, and was forced to pay billions in fines, they would not be funding the EV network that is going up right now. I love my Porsche’s but Tesla still has them beat in what counts when in comes to battery technology dealing with thermal management and software. They also still have the fastest charging supercharger network in the world. What Porsche states they will have with their charging network is still 1+ years away...if it come at all. Just look back at ALL of the Car OEM manufacturers stating 7-10 years ago that they would have competitive EV’s coming out in the next year. We are now in 2019, and what Audi, MB, Volvo, Kia, etc have come out with are compliance cars, not competitive cars.

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
... and here you go: ... cool ... isn‘t it?

That was awesome, can't wait to see it live during the game. Internally, I'll feel especially special and proud at being a future owner :clap:

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Planning to buy a Tesla or a Bollinger next year
Country flag
It is however, a little surprising that Porsche has decided to go out and advertise the Taycan at the Super Bowl..... because if they have deposits to build up to about 40000 cars and they are having a hard time ramping up..... they could just wait to advertise until they can produce so that they do not get stuck in the dilemma of having even more deposits and very few deliveries creating their own model 3 syndrome with a lot of not very happy potential customers...……. So in my book a questionable move.....
As a Tesla Fanboy here as my observations after watching the ad.

1) Screen your guards better, having a garage full of sports cars while having speed freaks as guards is a surefire way for getting extra mileage use on your machines.

2) Is it really possible to drive backwards at the speeds it looks like were shown.

3) The night shots followed by the day shot suggest the car can run longer without recharging than what I thought it could do.

4) And the main one, Why? Oh Why? Would you pay for an expensive ad when you are already back-ordered in production? The same money would pay for plenty of ads in car magazines once production catches up with orders.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am missing why this thread is spending so much time with comparisons of Taycan and Tesla. Can that be moved to a Tesla forum?

Also a lot of criticism on Porsche marketing. A company that knows how to turn a 15%+ profit year after year for ages.
https://www.motor1.com/news/370815/porsche-911-profit/

I trust Porsche will solve any Taycan production delays soon enough and they need a solid pipeline of orders and interest.

I am a believer with my deposit in.

Love the commercial BTW.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
It is however, a little surprising that Porsche has decided to go out and advertise the Taycan at the Super Bowl..... because if they have deposits to build up to about 40000 cars and they are having a hard time ramping up..... they could just wait to advertise until they can produce so that they do not get stuck in the dilemma of having even more deposits and very few deliveries creating their own model 3 syndrome with a lot of not very happy potential customers...……. So in my book a questionable move.....

But a damn good add!!!!!!!! :cool:

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I suspect that the Super Bowl commercial is more for Porsche to show off a bunch of their vehicles as really exciting cars to drive, while also telling the world that they are going electric and keeping the cars fun while doing so... So, more of an info and fun commercial than a "Taycans are now for sale" commercial.... They know that the commercial will probably generate a lot of discussion at Super Bowl parties...

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
Cool add

People seem to forget the Tesla delivery delays. 10 weeks delay for a porsche is nothing. Heck, I waited 3years for the Tesla 3 with constant delays. Is it like 4 months wait from ordering the Taycan? Even a Range Rover Evoque was 8 month delivery a couple of years ago.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Porsche would be better spending the money on the home charger they are delivering. 3kW from single phase 240V is S- - T....
Sponsored