Supply Chain Bottlenecks - Availability of equipment and accessories

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Dear All,

I just noted this on the UK website whilst reviewing the spec for my Taycan GTS. Any ideas what items may be affected? I know that the Burmester Sound System is no longer available, not sure if this is linked to this?

I hope that the LED matrix lights remain, not sure what else might require change...

Porsche Taycan Supply Chain Bottlenecks - Availability of equipment and accessories 1662494041566
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dear All,

I just noted this on the UK website whilst reviewing the spec for my Taycan GTS. Any ideas what items may be affected? I know that the Burmester Sound System is no longer available, not sure if this is linked to this?

I hope that the LED matrix lights remain, not sure what else might require change...

1662494041566.png
Burmester is withdrawn just now due to semiconductor shortages as I understand it.

Your dealer should know what if anything is restricted from your build.

Disappointing to hear this is reoccurring given the same uncertainty during the early part of this year.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Burmester is withdrawn just now due to semiconductor shortages as I understand it.

Your dealer should know what if anything is restricted from your build.

Disappointing to hear this is reoccurring given the same uncertainty during the early part of this year.
I couldn't agree more. I am just wondering what else may be reasonably affected, the only thing I can think of is the Matrix LED headlights....

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I don't know if it's a change, but I see that below GTS trim, only manual steering wheel adjustment is available.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
To be honest could be anything. Previously LED matrix were temporarily removed on models below GTS. Electric steering adjustment has been removed from quite a few models in the Porsche range. For the Macan even wheels became unavailable. General theme for most car manufacturers including Porsche seems to be the higher the model the most likely it will be available and on the car.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I don't know if it's a change, but I see that below GTS trim, only manual steering wheel adjustment is available.
when you say below GTS trim, do you mean 4S and rear wheel drive?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
My freeze date is 24th September. My SA at Reading recommended keeping spec unchanged unless I really wanted to change something as any change could lead to delay. Said not to order Dashcam pre wire as that definitely delays build date.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
My freeze date is 24th September. My SA at Reading recommended keeping spec unchanged unless I really wanted to change something as any change could lead to delay. Said not to order Dashcam pre wire as that definitely delays build date.
I have been told the same thing but I have specified the dash cam pre wire. My GTS is expected to arrive in December and my freeze date is some time this month but not sure of the date.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I have been told the same thing but I have specified the dash cam pre wire. My GTS is expected to arrive in December and my freeze date is some time this month but not sure of the date.
I wasn't overly concerned about getting the pre wire. Not sure if it is just for front camera or front and rear.
I'll probably fit either my existing mini 0906 or a new Blackview 900 or possibly the FitcamX. I've done plenty of installs on BMEs and Fords before.
My car has moved to stage 3 in the My Porsche App "Scheduled for Production " but apart from freeze date coming forward a week , enter bodyshop 28th Oct.Production complete 4th November and all transport dates have remained the same. Currently due to arrive in Reading on 25th November

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW this message appears on all specs including Turbo S variants.

It would be V useful to share details on this as these become known to members - to compare notes.

I have a meeting with my OPC on 22nd Sep - will ask him if he has details then. That is theoretically one week before present scheduled build completion (CT-Turbo) - So there may be more clarity on my build then.

Cheers

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
FWIW this message appears on all specs including Turbo S variants.

It would be V useful to share details on this as these become known to members - to compare notes.

I have a meeting with my OPC on 22nd Sep - will ask him if he has details then. That is theoretically one week before present scheduled build completion (CT-Turbo) - So there may be more clarity on my build then.

Cheers
Good idea.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
I locked in early Aug for end Oct delivery (maybe). CT4S. Was told that roof rails especially black were in very short supply and that black could only be specified to end of Aug.
Comfort adjustment for steering wheel when entering or exiting no longer available, with small price drop accordingly, but was led to believe that normal electric adjustment was still available.
I guess that these things will continue to change.
All good for secondhand value of my 4S!!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I couldn't agree more. I am just wondering what else may be reasonably affected, the only thing I can think of is the Matrix LED headlights....
As the others have mentioned plus I'd add air suspension as that had some drama earlier on the year due to the suppliers premises in Germany being flooded, wireless charging is another.
Sponsored