OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
As the others have mentioned plus I'd add air suspension as that had some drama earlier on the year due to the suppliers premises in Germany being flooded, wireless charging is another.
Oh no……. I just want my Taycan to be built asap so I can get everything I requested in before it changes too much!!

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I have just messaged OPC to ask - will post if I find out more. If anyone one else has firm intel - suggest you post it here. I guess others will do the same now?

Mods: Is this worth ADDING a Sticky for the duration of the 'troubles', to allow people to add LATEST delivery/spec hiccups?

So something like........ Date issue was confirmed, notification source, model variant, delivery location, issue description, ,impact, hints/notes?

Hard evidence like this may stop speculation rabbits running unnecessarily - and could help keep abreast of present situation.

Just a suggestion

Cheers

Last edited:

Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I am meant to have a September build but my build isn't yet locked. I've been calling my dealer each day for 4 days and been told someone will call me back and that never happens.

This is my first buying experience with Porsche and it has been so incredibly disappointing. I fully understand that supply issues are largely out of their control but the communication has been terrible and frankly I'd expect to be treated a lot more like a VIP when spending this type of money. For example, when buying any form of M car I found BMW suddenly went from being nice to treating to you like royalty when they realised you were an M customer. It was the same with Jag buying my SVR. Porsche really don't seem like they care in the slightest if I ordered or walked out.

It is a good job the car is so good that people will put up with this to get their hands on one.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Dear All,

I just noted this on the UK website whilst reviewing the spec for my Taycan GTS. Any ideas what items may be affected? I know that the Burmester Sound System is no longer available, not sure if this is linked to this?

I hope that the LED matrix lights remain, not sure what else might require change...

1662494041566.png
Between me ordering my CT4S in July ‘21 and April ‘22 when I went to the dealer to make sure the spec was definitely wanted before it went into production matrix headlights were removed from my spec by Porsche.

When going through my spec at the dealer they had a spreadsheet of options and their availability (ie the latest delays) and I was told Bose would add 6 or 8 weeks delay and racetex B pillar was indefinite delay so I dropped both, I was already pretty fed up to have been waiting so long - I had expected delivery around last Christmas from the aailable build slots at the time of order.

Anyway it took from 16/4 to 31/7 to go from “scheduled for production” to “your vehicle has been produced” so probably quite a few shortages and delays they didn’t know about when I went through it in April since that should have been 1 to 2 weeks.
I had hoped to pick the car up last week but currently the dealer hasn’t received it yet, it went to “final steps before delivery“ on 17/8, and has no idea when it will arrive.

My experience is that you may as well stick to the options you want because something unexpected may add to the delay anyway at the moment, and given the continuing chip shortage, war in Ukraine and surging fuel price and availability may add to the wait anyway.

Despite changing my spec to help it didn’t!

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW.....

My OPC has just replied to my enquiry to find out if my car is affected by the bottleneck issue with...... 'I have not been made aware of any issues on your chosen configuration.'.....

He also sent a Porsche config code that differs from the one I am using - but is identical in configuration.

Not sure if OPCs have to proactively enquire for each car? Or if they automatically get told as soon as any change/omission/delay occurs.... time will tell :)

cheers

Alan

Last edited:
OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I just spoke to my Porsche Salesman. He said that at the moment my GTS has all the options available that I selected. My build date is early November. I hope nothing changes!!

KumaYama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin DBS, Tycan GTS Sport Turismo PTS 2023
Country flag
i wonder how things are going with my gts st, have an optionlist of 65 000 eur, buildstart this month i was told:rolleyes:

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
i wonder how things are going with my gts st, have an optionlist of 65 000 eur, buildstart this month i was told:rolleyes:
If it’s build start this month, when do you expect to receive the car?

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My freeze date is 24th September. My SA at Reading recommended keeping spec unchanged unless I really wanted to change something as any change could lead to delay. Said not to order Dashcam pre wire as that definitely delays build date.
Eek! i ordered it! hope i won't be delayed!

KumaYama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin DBS, Tycan GTS Sport Turismo PTS 2023
Country flag
If it’s build start this month, when do you expect to receive the car?
Next month I´ve been told, but honestly I doubt it. The build is only a week but then it is the shipping, and who knows how long this will take.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My build is due to complete next month on 21st October.

Given the seeming ongoing issues with getting the 12v battery supply restored and likely ongoing knock-on effects from the war and gas/energy crisis with Russia, I'm not confident at all it will be delivered in November as planned.

Still not a lot can be done. These are massive issues way out of our control and even the reasonable control of Porsche. Little point worrying about it. It will be when it will be,

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I just spoke to my Porsche Salesman. He said that at the moment my GTS has all the options available that I selected. My build date is early November. I hope nothing changes!!
Called into my OPC this afternoon and spoke with my SA. He showed me the current state of play regarding my CT4S and there are no hold-ups showing against my spec at the moment.

I asked about the dash cam wiring and, again, he stated there was no delay showing if it was ordered so I went ahead.

As usual, I also added yet another option while I was there (passenger screen) 🙄. Thankfully the lock date is 29 September so not long before I can consign the money pit that is the configurator to history 😂.

My delivery date is set for 9 December but my SA did say he would be very surprised if I saw the car before the New Year. I also asked about GTS deliveries and he told me they are now advising 2025 to potential customers!

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Called into my OPC this afternoon and spoke with my SA. He showed me the current state of play regarding my CT4S and there are no hold-ups showing against my spec at the moment.

I asked about the dash cam wiring and, again, he stated there was no delay showing if it was ordered so I went ahead.

As usual, I also added yet another option while I was there (passenger screen) 🙄. Thankfully the lock date is 29 September so not long before I can consign the money pit that is the configurator to history 😂.

My delivery date is set for 9 December but my SA did say he would be very surprised if I saw the car before the New Year. I also asked about GTS deliveries and he told me they are now advising 2025 to potential customers!
All the best. I hope you get what you want. I’m glad I am going for the GTS too. Looks like it will keep its value the best out of all models.
I was told about 18 months for a new GTS from now.
Sponsored