Surprise after Software Recall - 2020 Taycan has Wireless CarPlay

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did the software recall a couple months ago (described as AMB5 Scope 5 on the invoice) and yesterday I realized I now have wireless CarPlay in my 2020 Taycan 4S! Sorry if this was discussed already, but I missed it and it definitely was not mentioned on the service invoice or by my service advisor. This is a really nice surprise! It takes a bit of time to connect after you get in the car but it comes up every time so far.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I did the software recall a couple months ago (described as AMB5 Scope 5 on the invoice) and yesterday I realized I now have wireless CarPlay in my 2020 Taycan 4S! Sorry if this was discussed already, but I missed it and it definitely was not mentioned on the service invoice or by my service advisor. This is a really nice surprise! It takes a bit of time to connect after you get in the car but it comes up every time so far.
Always nice to get an unexpected bonus...

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I guess every Taycan so far from MY20 to 22 must have the exact same hardware. Porsche claiming some differences must be just some PR talk to motivate new sales. Glad some positives are coming along. Enjoy!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: B61