Surround View Camera (US Version Taycan)

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello,
I have MY21 TTS with Premium Package (including Surrond View). For cameras, this was the only option I saw un US configurator.

When I turn on the parking camera, I see icon for only 2 camera (see image below)
Porsche Taycan Surround View Camera (US Version Taycan) 1614105331504

but on some videos online I've seen upto 8 camera icons (see below)
Porsche Taycan Surround View Camera (US Version Taycan) 1614105358427

I was able to do the "cheat" as described in one of the other threads and get the 3d view but not with camera icons (see below)
Porsche Taycan Surround View Camera (US Version Taycan) 1614104943131

When I went to my dealer, they said that the older versions showed 8 camera but the newer software version only shows 2 camera.
My s/w version info(see below)
Porsche Taycan Surround View Camera (US Version Taycan) 1614105121631

Now the question:
For the US owners, can you confirm the following:
-- Do you see 8 camera or 2 camera icons
-- Model year
-- Surround view option (y/n)
-- SW version

For all the owners who have been using Taycan for a while, did you see the 8 camera in past and now only 2 camera?

My build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM66JQT0

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
In the left part of the camera window, there is a column of icons. The Parking proximity icon is blue and the rest are white in your picture. Try and tap on the white icon immediately below the blue icon.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
3D surround view only appeared for MY21 cars along with assisted parking if I'm not mistaken but also requires the basic surround view and so becomes an overpriced option and then some. It does include LCA and other safety options such as egress and so on.

So Porsche offer 3 parking options in total!

I can't imagine 8 camera icons when only 4 physical cameras are present but perhaps the others were added virtually by the original software.

So with surround you get the side view (door mirrors, no separate camera icon for each mirror but 1 icon on left panel for displaying both, logically 2 cameras in tandem), front view, rear view and 360 surround view using all 4 cameras.

OP
OP
BayAreaJay

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
3D surround view only appeared for MY21 cars along with assisted parking if I'm not mistaken but also requires the basic surround view and so becomes an overpriced option and then some. It does include LCA and other safety options such as egress and so on.
Mine is MY21 and I did not find Assisted parking in US configurator as an option.
I do have LCA and it works.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can we get that wheel view in the 2020? The camera icons on the side lead to views that aren't any more useful than the low-res overhead view for trying to see if I'm about to curb an expensive wheel.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine is MY21 and I did not find Assisted parking in US configurator as an option.
I do have LCA and it works.
Most odd that the 3D view and assisted parking isn't on the US configurator (same for Canada too apparently - all options are on the UK one.

Difficult to be precise but I think the multi camera icons appear on the 3D view with the assisted parking.

From what I've read there have been several changes since launch from what is now available.

If not done so already take a look at this post.

OP
OP
BayAreaJay

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Most odd that the 3D view and assisted parking isn't on the US configurator (same for Canada too apparently - all options are on the UK one.

Difficult to be precise but I think the multi camera icons appear on the 3D view with the assisted parking.

From what I've read there have been several.changes since launch bro what is now available.

If not done so ready take a look at this post.
I did read that post and wanted to confirm if this is a US vs rest of the world issue.

Thanks for the response :) and wish the configurator was more clear to setup right expectations.

The Taycan is absolutely fun to drive despite these sw quirks !!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No worries. I've attached the description of what we have in UK / Europe for 3D Surround View with Active Parking Support for reference.

The current trick with the front or rear camera to get the 3D view works just fine however. I'd not tried it until today and can see a use for it (kerbside parking for one).

Porsche Taycan Surround View Camera (US Version Taycan) 3D Surround View with Active Parking Support

OP
OP
BayAreaJay

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
No worries. I've attached the description of what we have in UK / Europe for 3D Surround View with Active Parking Support for reference.

The current trick with the front or rear camera to get the 3D view works just fine however. I'd not tried it until today and can see a use for it (kerbside parking for one).

3D Surround View with Active Parking Support.png
Thanks. Its different than what we have in US configuration (see below).
Porsche Taycan Surround View Camera (US Version Taycan) 1614189188680

showtime88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
Country flag
i had the same question regarding 360/surround view. i have a 21 MY i just picked up and was searching all over to find a way to activate 350 view. from what i see on my car i cant find a way to turn it on either.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It is quite easy when you know how.

Select the rear view camera on the main image of the birdseye view of the car once your park assist is active.

Then using the main panel touch pad (below the AC controls) scroll down once (camera should change colour) and then press. If the sequence and selection is right then the 3D view will magically appear.

Then use the PCM screen to spin the car around to get a full 360. The wheels turn and rotate depending on what the car is doing.

I think you can do the same with the front camera and so there are 2 options to initiate.

Earlier in this thread there are some videos.
Sponsored