epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Sounds like a bad bad bad bad idea to me....did I mention it sounds bad?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I don't understand why people get a brand new, finely tuned and engineered automobile such as the Taycan (with air suspension nonetheless) and do a modification like this. To each their own. I would never do it.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I don't understand why people get a brand new, finely tuned and engineered automobile such as the Taycan (with air suspension nonetheless) and do a modification like this. To each their own. I would never do it.
I don't understand why people think it's sacrilege to alter something (that you own) to a form something that more closely aligns with your personal vision of perfection.
I do not advocate 'screwing-up' a car.......for instance, I have modified and re-engineered the suspension on must every Porsche I have owned. That said I detest just throwing 'lowering springs' on a car with no regard for the rest of the suspension dynamics. I am not familiar enough yet with the Tay's suspension to know if this is a good idea or not.....so I will not defend it.
The ride on the Tay's suspension is however incredibly smooth out of the box......and, she comes already with 3 suspension height.......so, this is not like slamming it and having no way to return.

Porsche's are made for the international market (including CA. :) ) so, keep in mind that a lot of what is "finally tuned" is finally tuned for some country somewhere.
I know that the Tay is already lower than a Chevy Impala.......but someone once said that......'the best place for an auto's center of gravity is.....below the pavement'.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've never had a problem with the lowering links on my Macan (GTS). In fact, I recently switched back to the stock sensor arms and both myself and my wife noticed the body roll when at the stock variable heights.

3Tys

First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS, BMW M3 Clubsport, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla 3
Country flag
Hi there, anyone know if these or other drop links would work on the cross turismo, i think i willl be lowering it slightly, would really make the difference?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Probably one of the very first things I'll do to my CT whenever I plunge in - that and have the plastic wheel arch coverings painted the body color - still cannot believe that is not an option on purchase!
I am curious if these metal pins have any effect on the other pre-programed ride heights? Basically these links are just 'fooling' the computer system which I am guessing effectively does not know they are installed and thus once configured I assume again that the individual dynamic settings will all be equally adjusted, correct? A final question, I also assume that the 'plushness' of the ride would not at all be effected i.e. it is simply ride height vs messing with rebound etc, right?
Thx, C.