Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Been reading in the manual about ‘Swerve Assist’ as a component of the Taycan’s brake systems. Is this a standard fit capability or an option on MY21 Taycans sold in the UK?

I have this on my Mercedes and it saved me colliding with a reckless construction worker driving a van into my vehicle’s path recently so I value it. Would love to know if the same safeguard is on my new Taycan.
Sponsored

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I can’t find it listed as standard but from the manual...

Porsche Taycan Swerve Assist E6CC7323-8764-4A46-8580-9B140EEB5CCE

Swerve Assist
Swerve Assist can help in hazardous situations to steer the vehicle around an obstacle.
If the system detects a critical situation and the driver actively avoids the obstacle after the urgent warning, Swerve Assist will support the driver by selectively braking individual wheels and correcting

Not available in some country versions.

the steering angle with a slight steering movement. If Swerve Assist is active, automatic braking or brake assistance is aborted.

System limitations
Swerve Assist is available for speeds of
50 km/h (31 mph) – 150 km/h (93 mph).

Last edited:

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Been reading in the manual about ‘Swerve Assist’ as a component of the Taycan’s brake systems. Is this a standard fit capability or an option on MY21 Taycans sold in the UK?

I have this on my Mercedes and it saved me colliding with a reckless construction worker driving a van into my vehicle’s path recently so I value it. Would love to know if the same safeguard is on my new Taycan.
This is all I could find about Serve Assist, seems to be part of Innodrive.

Additional functions of Porsche InnoDrive:

• Active Lane Keeping Assist enhances the distance control and lane keeping functions on well-developed country roads and motorways. The system takes into account traffic ahead and road markings within the system boundaries, and keeps the vehicle in the middle of the lane through continuous steering interventions — including in traffic jams.

• Swerve Assist can help the driver to steer the vehicle around an obstacle in a critical avoidance situation.

• Intersection Assist can warn the driver (visually, acoustically and with a braking jolt) if crossing or oncoming road users are overlooked at an intersection.

OP
OP

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is all I could find about Serve Assist, seems to be part of Innodrive.

Additional functions of Porsche InnoDrive:

• Active Lane Keeping Assist enhances the distance control and lane keeping functions on well-developed country roads and motorways. The system takes into account traffic ahead and road markings within the system boundaries, and keeps the vehicle in the middle of the lane through continuous steering interventions — including in traffic jams.

• Swerve Assist can help the driver to steer the vehicle around an obstacle in a critical avoidance situation.

• Intersection Assist can warn the driver (visually, acoustically and with a braking jolt) if crossing or oncoming road users are overlooked at an intersection.
Ah, that would make sense if it only operates in tangent with Innodrive. My Mercedes has the Mercedes version of autonomous driving gen 3 and stereo camera sensors in the windscreen which enable the vehicle to steer around obstacles in emergencies. Now beginning to wish I’d have optioned Innodrive. Never gave it a thought on specking the car that not doing so would see me lose that system. It really does work so well!

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
innodrive can be had over FOD if you have adaptive cruise

OP
OP

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
innodrive can be had over FOD if you have adaptive cruise
Alas, I didn’t opt for Adaptive Cruise. I have it on my Mercedes but tire of it not recognising early enough that Audi drivers are about to cut into my lane with little notice or space, before it promptly puts the anchors on. Plus, ahead of tailbacks, it leaves it very late to break. The result being I rarely used it. The tech needs to get better in my opinion, albeit I imagine it’s great for long drives on I95 etc across the US.

A tip for Porsche - if you marketed the adaptive cruise as a comprehensive safety system, with other benefits like swerve control and collision avoidance, I’d have spec’d it. My own learning will be to probably always tick this box in future, but for the safety rather than convenience benefits. Safety is a more compelling argument for people to tick options - and why I ticked the rear airbags option etc to offer additional safety for the kids.

OP
OP

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Alas, I didn’t opt for Adaptive Cruise. I have it on my Mercedes but tire of it not recognising early enough that Audi drivers are about to cut into my lane with little notice or space, before it promptly puts the anchors on. Plus, ahead of tailbacks, it leaves it very late to break. The result being I rarely used it. The tech needs to get better in my opinion, albeit I imagine it’s great for long drives on I95 etc across the US.

A tip for Porsche - if you marketed the adaptive cruise as a comprehensive safety system, with other benefits like swerve control and collision avoidance, I’d have spec’d it. My own learning will be to probably always tick this box in future, but for the safety rather than convenience benefits. Safety is a more compelling argument for people to tick options - and why I ticked the rear airbags option etc to offer additional safety for the kids.
Another tip for myself is to watch autocorrect changing ‘brake’ to ‘break’ on postings ??
Sponsored