NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
A BIG thank you to Arthur in NY for hooking me up with a like brand new set of Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels with Continental 20” all season tires, factory TPMS sensors and OEM Porsche center caps. These will work great while my 21” Cross Turismo wheels take a nap in the garage for the winter.

Swapped them out in about an hour today using my aluminum low profile racing floor jack, torque wrench set to 118ft/lbs and the must have Creative Steel orange jacking lift pad!

My only issue was clearing the TPMS warning light after the swap, but I think I found the secret. Go under settings >> vehicle >> tire pressure monitoring system and be sure to select an entirely incorrect tire selection first. For example, I chose 19” summer and then switched immediately back to 20” all seasons. Within one minute the yellow light cleared and the tire readings were back. I tried just setting to 20” all seasons first, and it was stuck. It seems you need to fool the system to force the re-learn.

Here she is rocking the new wheels and tires while getting some free juice!

Porsche Taycan Switched to Winter Wheels and Reset TPMS E70D0E92-5078-4629-B134-48138DFDD817
Sponsored

Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I had mine changed at the tire centre recently. I have the same 20 inch as you have for summer and winter.

I changed summer to winter in the PCM menu.

I also had the warning sign. Pressure registration starts when driving above 25 Km/h. I did and the message disappeared and it showed the pressure again.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
A BIG thank you to Arthur in NY for hooking me up with a like brand new set of Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels with Continental 20” all season tires, factory TPMS sensors and OEM Porsche center caps. These will work great while my 21” Cross Turismo wheels take a nap in the garage for the winter.

Swapped them out in about an hour today using my aluminum low profile racing floor jack, torque wrench set to 118ft/lbs and the must have Creative Steel orange jacking lift pad!

My only issue was clearing the TPMS warning light after the swap, but I think I found the secret. Go under settings >> vehicle >> tire pressure monitoring system and be sure to select an entirely incorrect tire selection first. For example, I chose 19” summer and then switched immediately back to 20” all seasons. Writhin one minute the yellow light cleared and the tire readings were back. I tried just setting to 20” all seasons first, and it was stuck. It seems you need yo fool the system to force the re-learn.

Here she is rocking the new wheels and tires while getting some free juice!

E70D0E92-5078-4629-B134-48138DFDD817.jpeg
I just selected 20” winter when I changed mine and at the end of the next drive it had re-calibrated itself.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
I had mine changed at the tire centre recently. I have the same 20 inch as you have for summer and winter.

I changed summer to winter in the PCM menu.

I also had the warning sign. Pressure registration starts when driving above 25 Km/h. I did and the message disappeared and it showed the pressure again.
Did you bring the wheels in the car? I was hoping to collect my Summers (20") from the OPC to get them coated but they're not sure if they'll fit in the CT. I would have thought with the seats down they should.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
I just selected 20” winter when I changed mine and at the end of the next drive it had re-calibrated itself.
Same question as above, do you know if the wheels will fit in the car with the seats down? Have you tried? Don't want to get to the OPC and discover they don't! Thanks

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Same question as above, do you know if the wheels will fit in the car with the seats down? Have you tried? Don't want to get to the OPC and discover they don't! Thanks
I saw a YouTube video a few months ago. A range review on the taycan (can't remember if sedan or ct) and the guy had the rear filled up with a set of wheels (rims and tires) because of some track day. He was pushed to the front in his seat but they did fit.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes, they did, but the 4 21” wheels needed two trips to bring them home.

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
A 19” set of wheels/tires fit in a Taycan (non-Turismo) with the seats down. Haven’t tried 20” wheels/tires though.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Did you bring the wheels in the car? I was hoping to collect my Summers (20") from the OPC to get them coated but they're not sure if they'll fit in the CT. I would have thought with the seats down they should.
I didn’t. But with the seats down I think it should work. I did transport my wife’s new 205/55/17 wheels and there was much room to spare.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
The 20"s will fit in the CT, with the rear seats down. No problem there.
Sponsored