Switching from Telsa Model S to Taycan 4S. Feedback from anyone who has done this?!

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Big missing features from Tesla
1 -Sentry mode
2-Autopilot
3-infotainment and app
I am curious. The Taycan is my first car with an app. What features are on the Tesla app that you find useful? I would have liked to set radio presets, add favourites to the navigation, etc. Do other cars have those features?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I am curious. The Taycan is my first car with an app. What features are on the Tesla app that you find useful? I would have liked to set radio presets, add favourites to the navigation, etc. Do other cars have those features?
pre cool pre heat for me where the most useful

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I suppose that it could be for those who cannot go anywhere without their Ipad
Why are you so critical? Was just saying if you wanted to watch Netflix while charging this would be just as good or better than in a Tesla.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Why are you so critical? Was just saying if you wanted to watch Netflix while charging this would be just as good or better than in a Tesla.
what is critical?
you made a post assuming that people carry ipads with them when they go out for a ride, I just commented on your assertion

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
How would it work automatically?
If Porsche opened up their API then people can make third party apps to do the same functions that the Porsche app does. So if the app has the ability to precool the car, then theoretically, with API access, you could for example give a Siri command to your Apple Watch/iPhone and have your custom app start precooling the car.

Of course, getting API access is doubtful given Porsche's software skills. Even in Tesla's case, it is not officially public. Most of it was reverse engineered, and Tesla never bothered to lock it down. As a result, there are a lot of 3rd party apps out there that can control a lot of the Tesla's functions.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
If Porsche opened up their API then people can make third party apps to do the same functions that the Porsche app does.

I still would need to activate it just not by the Porsche app with a button. Not sure how this would make it automatically?

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I still would need to activate it just not by the Porsche app with a button. Not sure how this would make it automatically?
Assuming the functionality I described in my last post, you could for example create a Siri Shortcut to turn on the climate control at 5pm every work day, so your car is already precooled for you as you leave the office. This would all happen automatically. Just an example.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Assuming the functionality I described in my last post, you could for example create a Siri Shortcut to turn on the climate control at 5pm every work day, so your car is already precooled for you as you leave the office. This would all happen automatically. Just an example.
or just set a departure time? I am not sure what “automatic” pre conditioning means.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
or just set a departure time? I am not sure what “automatic” pre conditioning means.
I don't have my Taycan yet so I'm not super familiar with what it can and can't do yet :)

Just trying to come up with something that you normally initiate manually from the app that could potentially be automated if you had API access.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't have my Taycan yet so I'm not super familiar with what it can and can't do yet :)

Just trying to come up with something that you normally initiate manually from the app that could potentially be automated if you had API access.
I understand and I am with you! Perhaps this helps:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-client-software-development.3633

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/built-an-alexa-skill-to-access-taycan-range-info.3661

If you have a solution, please share it with us, since I cannot use the Porsche Connect App on my phone.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I understand and I am with you! Perhaps this helps:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-client-software-development.3633

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/built-an-alexa-skill-to-access-taycan-range-info.3661

If you have a solution, please share it with us, since I cannot use the Porsche Connect App on my phone.
Oh awesome, thanks for the link! Great to know there has already been some discussion/research/progress in this area. I'll be reading up on this.
Sponsored