Switching from X5 45e to Taycan CT - road trip experiences with roof box?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hi everybody. One of my first posts here. Very nice forum with lots of useful information.

I have a X5 45e and looking to switch to a Taycan CT 4. I do most trips on electric now with 65 km range on a full charge. So in daily use the Taycan will be perfect. First test drive next week.

Only thing that worries me are the winter (Belgium Austria in 1 day)and summer holidays (Belgium Northen Italië / Austria / Switzerland in 2 days). Trunk space is smaller so I think I will need a roof box.

Would someone like to share their experience with road trips with a roof box and how they planned and navigated the trip and average KWH / 100 km during the trip. Any negative experience?

Any idea what range can be expected with a roof box and driving at 0 degr Celsius on the highway.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi everybody. One of my first posts here. Very nice forum with lots of useful information.

I have a X5 45e and looking to switch to a Taycan CT 4. I do most trips on electric now with 65 km range on a full charge. So in daily use the Taycan will be perfect. First test drive next week.

Only thing that worries me are the winter (Belgium Austria in 1 day)and summer holidays (Belgium Northen Italië / Austria / Switzerland in 2 days). Trunk space is smaller so I think I will need a roof box.

Would someone like to share their experience with road trips with a roof box and how they planned and navigated the trip and average KWH / 100 km during the trip. Any negative experience?

Any idea what range can be expected with a roof box and driving at 0 degr Celsius on the highway.
Here is one report for you. Not sure about the temperature though.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/roof-box-and-reduction-of-range.7238/