domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Nothing like watching TV and having someone pound on your door screaming that your cars on fire. I looked out the window and saw flames were rolling up my Tahoe windshield from under the hood. The Heater/blower unit making a weird noise earlier in day and fire department said that’s where it started.

What a mess but so thankful I did not park next to Taycan in the garage. My house only has surface paint peels where it got too hot. Fire department responded in 4 minutes from when I called 911.
Blessed ?

Porsche Taycan Tahoe caught fire, thankfully it was far enough away from Taycan D165968F-13E4-4888-B7A3-9F4996713DF3

Porsche Taycan Tahoe caught fire, thankfully it was far enough away from Taycan A4ED0DB5-1568-406C-AFA5-373671046E54

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Dude, buy a lottery ticket. You are lucky.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
It's fortunate that you didn't park it in the garage and that the damage was minimal to the exterior of your home. The heat from a car fire can be immense. Glad that you and your family are safe and especially that striking Dolomite silver Taycan. I had a similar incident with my Range Rover a few years back. Luckily, it happened in a large parking lot and away from parked cars. This reminds me to order a couple of fire extinguishers I've been meaning to get for the garage at my weekend home.

Last edited:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Anti-Electric-Car nut cases will now claim the mere presence of an EV will cause fires in gas cars (which, they’ll say, never caught fire before)

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dunno why, but this typo made me think of the Walmart version of an SUV, which then made me think of the People of Walmart website...
haha - I got flashbacks to photos from chinese carshow with thier copycat cars..

Porsche Taycan Tahoe caught fire, thankfully it was far enough away from Taycan 1612473074936

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Dunno why, but this typo made me think of the Walmart version of an SUV, which then made me think of the People of Walmart website...
Good catch. You caught me! I bought a Walmart blue light special Rang Rover and then added the letter "e" so as to avoid looking like a wannabe.
Sponsored