Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Don, great trip you're making, thx for sharing.
I had a question:
Did you already use the app to monitor/control your Porsche?
I mean the one of which you can remote control the cooling/warming and charge schedules?
I think it's called "Porsche Car Connect".
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal Screenshot_20200223-162938

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Don, great trip you're making, thx for sharing.
I had a question:
Did you already use the app to monitor/control your Porsche?
I mean the one of which you can remote control the cooling/warming and charge schedules?
I think it's called "Porsche Car Connect".
Screenshot_20200223-162938.png
Yes, I use the Connect app. (Different user interface from your image)

I can pre-condition the car, monitor it’s charging, locate it, send it destinations, etc.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well Don @louv, are you able to share the news on how much the battery went down for what number of days you were away? :fingerscrossed:

Inquiring minds want to know.

Feb 16th was 68%, 150 mile estimated range.

Reactions: Reg

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well Don @louv, are you able to share the news on how much the battery went down for what number of days you were away? :fingerscrossed:

On a related note has anyone seen what the “idea“ storage battery charge is for the Taycan? One of the great features is the profile that allows setting a “minimum” charge to maintain, so I have left mine plugged in and set to 40% (which generally is a good SOC for storage). This means it should maintain that setting.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
On a related note has anyone seen what the “idea“ storage battery charge is for the Taycan? One of the great features is the profile that allows setting a “minimum” charge to maintain, so I have left mine plugged in and set to 40% (which generally is a good SOC for storage). This means it should maintain that setting.
Isn't that Maximum charge level. I agree that you can set that to a lower value when car is in a storage state. But did you have 2 settings like a min and max? I recall seeing a video last year on setting the max charge level at least 5% intervals.

Reactions: Reg

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Isn't that Maximum charge level. I agree that you can set that to a lower value when car is in a storage state. But did you have 2 settings like a min and max? I recall seeing a video last year on setting the max charge level at least 5% intervals.
Yes there is a “minimum charge level” that can be set for charging profiles. There is a general profile and you can create and/or set location based profiles. This minimum charge level in a profile means even if I have a departure timer (or no timer and direct charging is not on) charging will begin on plugin until the car is at minimum charge level. So for example if I have a minimum of 40% and the car is plugged in at20% it will begin charging immediately until it reaches 40, then pause if there is a departure timer with a percent set and resume for next timer when needed to reach specified charge at departure time. And will maintain a minimum that is always available. This is both for having a minimum amount of charge in case you need it, but can be used to keep the car at a set minimum when away for a while without charging to a higher SOC.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes there is a “minimum charge level” that can be set for charging profiles. There is a general profile and you can create and/or set location based profiles. This minimum charge level in a profile means even if I have a departure timer (or no timer and direct charging is not on) charging will begin on plugin until the car is at minimum charge level. So for example if I have a minimum of 40% and the car is plugged in at20% it will begin charging immediately until it reaches 40, then pause if there is a departure timer with a percent set and resume for next timer when needed to reach specified charge at departure time. And will maintain a minimum that is always available. This is both for having a minimum amount of charge in case you need it, but can be used to keep the car at a set minimum when away for a while without charging to a higher SOC.
Ahh, I know what you mean now. Yes the Chevy Bolt has that set at 40% when you enable priority charging. I can see that use when scheduled for each day at say 7am. What I don't see is why that would make sense in a long term idle situation? As it would then charge to the max schedule SOC when it gets closer to departure. Wouldn't using max SOC accomplish what is desired? Get it to that level and bring it back up there if it drops? That's what I see Teslas do when they sit on L2 chargers when they are idle for long periods.

P.S. maybe we should start a new thread for this topic. ;) I say this because I think @louv parked at the airport and was not plugged in at all so this setting is not related to his current journey. But it is a very useful topic. Like when I leave my Taycan in the garage and Uber to the airport for a multi week trip.

Maybe @Administrator can decide and move posts if needed.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Drumroll...

After being parked for 5 days, the car reported ... 68% SoC and 149 miles of range. 0%, One mile of range difference.

Or a rounding error. Statistically... insignificant. Could theoretically be 0.01% or 0.49% loss.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And thus endeth my time in the Bay Area. A wonderful visit with a group of friends last night, and now I resume heading southward towards the San Diego corner.

New charging record seen: 252 kW at an Electrify America station.

Also... Manufacturing plates on a Tesla... because Palo Alto.
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 9A30D7DE-4A32-410D-892B-214531B7333E
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 3DEB0380-1EFA-4394-88A6-48C2E239BAF0
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 33208384-33CA-445C-8015-93408448602B
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 04F7AC3B-3475-4009-845D-18EF113C1BFA

Vik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100DL
Country flag
Drumroll...

After being parked for 5 days, the car reported ... 68% SoC and 149 miles of range. 0%, One mile of range difference.

Or a rounding error. Statistically... insignificant. Could theoretically be 0.01% or 0.49% loss.
Is this largely due to the ambient temperature? Do find drain in colder weather?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Drumroll...

That’s pretty darn good
Sponsored