Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It was only a matter of time.

Watch in the next few days as this “news” travels the world with all kinds of fantastic embellishments! LOL
I heard it many have been caused by a Canadian moose that partially chewed through a wire when Don was getting a donut.

Yeah, that must be it.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
So.. you staying the night or do you know yet?
The car isn’t charging on the public stations. So the diagnostics continue. I’ll be in Calgary another night.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I heard it many have been caused by a Canadian moose that partially chewed through a wire when Don was getting a donut.

Yeah, that must be it.
This is the most likely cause. Donchaknow?

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
The car isn’t charging on the public stations. So the diagnostics continue. I’ll be in Calgary another night.
Can they at lease let you know if any of the cells failed. Would be nice to know if the battery pack is the issue

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is the most likely cause. Donchaknow?
It all makes sense if you think about it.

Canada exports a considerable about of oil to the rest of the world,
If EVs take over, the need for oil goes down, hurting the Canadian economy,
With a hurt Canadian economy, fewer people will be discarding partially uneaten donuts - they will save them for the tough times ahead.
Mooses, or meese, who live off of partially consumed discarded donuts will invariably suffer.
They know this.
Mooses or meese may be big and look a little goofy, but they are smart.
They know,
They know.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
sorry to hear that. But hopefully that means that is some handshake issue, vs an issue with the hardware.

A while ago, EA had a video where they talked about the lab they have to test their charging stations with the many different EVs out there and as expected had some unreleased new cars there to test them before they went into production. It was described as a big issue for them. It

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can they at lease let you know if any of the cells failed. Would be nice to know if the battery pack is the issue
There are no faults from the battery pack. It’s not a charging system failure. I’ll post more later after I chat with the technician.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correction: Their failure today at the Flo station is now suspected to be an Accounting issue!!! Great. When accounting issue masquerade as technical issues, trouble is brewing.

Anyway. They got it charging. More info as I get it...

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mooses or meese may be big and look a little goofy, but they are smart.
They know,
They know.
A møøse bit my sister.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Correction: Their failure today at the Flo station is now suspected to be an Accounting issue!!! Great. When accounting issue masquerade as technical issues, trouble is brewing.
Maybe they didn't carry the 1. A common math mistake.

Good luck and thank you so much for the frequent updates!

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
you are keeping us all riveted with suspense and thrilling accounts of adventure!! can’t wait for the next episode! It is the best thread that has ever been on this forum. :)

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hot hands of a Canadian Dentist (modified reference).

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Leaving Calgary. Tomorrow.

So it now appears that there are “no faults that would have caused the car to cease charging or slow charging.”

The dealership used their Diagnostic computers to pull logs, read the history of fault codes, and then reset those faults. Logs were sent to Germany for further analysis.

After doing that, the car charged at 5.5kW on the newer Porsche Level 2 charger. Better than the 3kW from earlier today. But that difference appears to be just a difference of charging stations.

So they took the car to a Level 3, 50kW charging station at the Audi dealership across town. It charged all the way up to 80% at a 47kW rate. That’s great. Everyone was excited.

“The night is dark and full of terrors.”

One last charging test, they took it it to the 3rd Party 50kW charger on the Flo network, just in case the car was happy with a “familiar” Audi charger, but might fail at the first “unfamiliar” charging station.

Yesterday, at that same Flo charger, it failed completely a few times, then after a “lock for 15 minutes reboot” it charged, but only at 3kW.

Today, that charging station failed (possibly an account issue), but then it worked and charged the car at 47kW.

We still don’t know why it only charged at 3kW yesterday. Really we don’t know anything other than... now it works on at least two chargers. The third charger (at the local BMW dealership) still has an internal fault. Probably not my car’s fault.

I’m here in Calgary for another night. But they’ll be giving me back my fully charged and freshly washed car first thing tomorrow morning.

So I’ll be back on my way again. Headed to Banff. But maybe just to drive through.

I’ll test two more charging stations along the way, still being within range to run back here for help if it fails. If those two charging stations successfully start a charging session, then all this is chalked up as “The Anomaly of the Three Stations”.

It’s been a crazy kind of day, but major Props to the team here at Porsche of Calgary. World Class service.
Sponsored