louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I brought this issue up with the GM of my local Porsche showroom. He claimed he hadn't heard of it. I asked him to raise the issue with Porsche management. He said he would, but I wasn't convinced it was high on his To-Do list.

Now that we have at least 2 data points, I'd say this is a feature, not a bug. EA needs to address this. Now.
It’s only an issue at SOME of the EA stations. As was posted above, there are other configurations that are ok.

Again, EA has been alerted to the issue at the highest levels of Customer Care.
Sponsored

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you do us all a major favor? First check in in PlugShare and leave a failure comment, EA apparently monitors those very closely to make sure they "look good." Second if you have time during driving call and report EA failures and your experience to Porsche customer care, as they are the main very fast speed provider for the Tycan (and part of VW group). When I call they seem very interested in tracking how the Taycan is perceived specially in light of fast charging.
I’m already updating two website... And now that charging is faster for me, I have less time for updating a third website. :)

EA is reading these posts. <waves hello>

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Don - Have you been using a lot of adaptive cruise control on your journey? I understand that the vehicle should adjust speed based on posted speed limits - have you found this to be true? And if so, do you know if that is a function of Innodrive or just as part of Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) option. I'm not interested in the "slightly drunk, partially blind, novice driver having control of your steering” as you so eloquently summarized InnoDrive...but I do want the function that regulates speed based on posted speed signs. Do I need Innodrive for that or can the cheaper ACC option do the trick?

Also - is your apple carplay only available when your iphone is plugged in or can it work wirelessly like on some other vehicles?
Yes, the car adusts its speed based on speed limit signs, if you have that option set.

I think it’s part of ACC. Not InnoDrive.

There is also An option to automatically set a speed limiter based on the speed limit signs. Regardless of whether cruise control is engaged. (See image)

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal F3E93A3E-F74E-44F9-8DF9-683431F06D60

reliev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
@louv I have been following your journey and have been sharing it with the Tesla Community we are rooting for you. I find this as fascinating as the first time the superchargers were installed. If you ever make it to central Florida Id love to buy you a beer to hear about it. We are all rooting for ya. this helps all EV adoption and we are stoked about your journey.

Testdriver1

First Name
Testsriver1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3rs, Taycan turbo, 992 gen 911, Cayenne turbo S, Speedster
Country flag
Yes, the car adusts its speed based on speed limit signs, if you have that option set.

I think it’s part of ACC. Not InnoDrive.

There is also An option to automatically set a speed limiter based on the speed limit signs. Regardless of whether cruise control is engaged. (See image)

F3E93A3E-F74E-44F9-8DF9-683431F06D60.jpeg
Acc does not adjust speed according to signs. Inno drive does. Inno drive also detects the road ahead and steering, accel. And many more thing's. It chooses the most efficient way to maneuver the road ahead. You can also over ride the set speed in inno to 10 mph faster than predicted by inno.

Testdriver1

First Name
Testsriver1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3rs, Taycan turbo, 992 gen 911, Cayenne turbo S, Speedster
Country flag
I really have no idea. Maybe “go slow, you are below 10% charge”?
I'm going to find out for you. Odd,I have never seen the sign b 4.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for posting your adventures.
I could not find a separate fuse for seat ventilation. There is a micro relay for seat ventilation in relay/fuse carrier at rear right C-pillar. But since your passenger seat ventilation is working the fan itself may be the issue. Warranties are good.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Acc does not adjust speed according to signs. Inno drive does. Inno drive also detects the road ahead and steering, accel. And many more thing's. It chooses the most efficient way to maneuver the road ahead. You can also over ride the set speed in inno to 10 mph faster than predicted by inno.
Is this true? There are conflicting reports on this. Do you have to have InnoDrive selected before the adaptive cruise control uses posted speed signs to vary car speed? Or, as per Don's post above, do you just have to have ACC or "Limiter" selected?

Upgrading to InnoDrive from ACC is an extra $1,800 which I would rather spend on sexier rims...if the only thing InnoDrive provides is lane keeping, Steer assist, and intersection assist not worth it to me...put if it is absolutely required to have the car vary speed based on speed signs, I need to know.

Is there a user manual that came with the Taycan that walks you through InnoDrive?

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Seattle, you can keep your traffic. I’ve been so spoiled having thousands of miles of roads with little or no traffic.

Now getting my charge on. 151kW. Not bad, but according to Porsche’s documents, with an initial battery temp of 87°F and an initial SoC of 32%, I would have expected a charge rate above 200kW.

Maybe my documentation is wrong.

Also. First real problem discovered with the car. A tiny thing. A first world problem thing. The driver’s seat ventilation fan doesn’t work. Passenger seat does.
First world problem indeed. However on an EV using the seat heater or ventilation is nearly pretty important as you can just use the seat to heat / cool yourself and save all the energy the AC would eat up

Glan

First Name
Glan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
I’m glad you checked out that EA charger at Mount Vernon, WA. That’s one that I’ll probably be using at some point in the future.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Seattle, you can keep your traffic. I’ve been so spoiled having thousands of miles of roads with little or no traffic.

Now getting my charge on. 151kW. Not bad, but according to Porsche’s documents, with an initial battery temp of 87°F and an initial SoC of 32%, I would have expected a charge rate above 200kW.

Maybe my documentation is wrong.

Also. First real problem discovered with the car. A tiny thing. A first world problem thing. The driver’s seat ventilation fan doesn’t work. Passenger seat does.
Give a try at 35c, just curious if it makes a difference, be good to know, welcome back.. time to shed the layers ..:clap:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this true? There are conflicting reports on this. Do you have to have InnoDrive selected before the adaptive cruise control uses posted speed signs to vary car speed? Or, as per Don's post above, do you just have to have ACC or "Limiter" selected?

Upgrading to InnoDrive from ACC is an extra $1,800 which I would rather spend on sexier rims...if the only thing InnoDrive provides is lane keeping, Steer assist, and intersection assist not worth it to me...put if it is absolutely required to have the car vary speed based on speed signs, I need to know.

Is there a user manual that came with the Taycan that walks you through InnoDrive?
Check out the Porsche Good to Know app on Apple and Android app stores. It has online manual with a fair amount on InnoDrive vs ACC. (Available for limited countries)

I am getting InnoDrive and night vision. ;)

Last edited:

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Check out the Porsche Good to Know app on Apple and Android app stores. It has online manual with a fair amount on InnoDrive vs ACC.
I am getting InnoDrive and night vision. ;)
It’s a shame you can’t upload the manual. The Good to Know app’ has “coming soon” for the Taycan in UK and lots of us want the manual. . .
Sponsored