gjunky

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, 3
Country flag
Not sure how far you are at the moment but if you reach Arizona (Phoenix or Flagstaff), let me know and I will buy you lunch (doesn't look like you will go hungry). Tesla owner but rooting for a smooth trip for a fellow EV driver
Sponsored

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Not sure how far you are at the moment but if you reach Arizona (Phoenix or Flagstaff), let me know and I will buy you lunch (doesn't look like you will go hungry). Tesla owner but rooting for a smooth trip for a fellow EV driver
A big welcome to the Tesla folks! It's nice to see some friendliness between the Porsche/Tesla camps.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the two camps need each other to push one another and this whole EV thing forward - I’m loving it!

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
"Where in The world" is Don and his Porsche, Has a ring to it, just checking in on your journey

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Hey, did anyone else know that there was a second Portland? It’s in Oregon.

And that’s where I am for a couple of nights. Visiting friends.

Yesterday, on my way into town I made a quick detour over to Beaverton Porsche. Unannounced, with no appointment, I showed up in Service and asked them if they could quickly check out why my seat ventilation wasn’t working.

“Sure, no problem!” was the response, which is great given that it’s Friday afternoon and I’m sure they had other cars to work on.

Within an hour they had it fixed (just a loose connector) and they had me back on the road again. I spent that hour chatting with the staff and some customers about the trip, about tires, about options, and of course, about charging.

Thank you very much to the team at Beaverton for their excellent service!

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 5518A3D7-1AAD-422F-A3AA-4C6FF9F66112

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey, did anyone else know that there was a second Portland? It’s in Oregon.
Huh? I am a west coast person, I didn't know there was any other Portland ;)

Great Porsche service, thanks for posting that.

Look forward to your next report about the range in non-Canada like weather!

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
as is typical, Tesla discussion derails a great thread. can't this be discussed elsewhere?

Save the fight for rennlist. Here people get along and the comments didn’t derail things anymore than Don’s audiobook suggestions. :)

But I too live on the Pacific Rim and am surprised to hear there’s a Portland outside of Oregon. In England perhaps?

Glad you made it through the Great White North. I think you’ll do a lot less 50k charting now. Got a copy of the Alister Stone book.

Last edited:

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Consumption.
Range.
Anxiety.
Just find the Zen ... and Drive.

Until then, here’s more charts and graphs and numbers.

Low Consumption:
66CFA9B8-1819-4452-8DD4-5AEC8DA57604.jpeg

High Consumption:
A2BB8F8D-7A6A-4579-B23F-554F2ECC1AC7.jpeg

Average for six days, 3826 miles.
5C6FAE26-AA5E-467E-8902-BE2722A320E0.jpeg
So if I am reading this correctly, for your 3826 trip, the Taycan has averaged 2,217 miles per kWh ? So it has averaged 185.6 mile range for 83.7 useable part of the battery.......... Am I calculating this correctly?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
So if I am reading this correctly, for your 3826 trip, the Taycan has averaged 2,217 miles per kWh ? So it has averaged 185.6 mile range for 83.7 useable part of the battery.......... Am I calculating this correctly?
That's pretty close. I get about a 187.3 mile range if I assume the 83.7 kWh capacity (209.1 miles if I assume the 93.4 kWh capacity). So it's in the ballpark.

Edit: I note that my calculations are based on the three trips. Each trip was quite different in efficiency. The first was VERY efficient, while the second was very inefficient for reasons only @louv knows.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
That's pretty close. I get about a 187.3 mile range if I assume the 83.7 kWh capacity (209.1 miles if I assume the 93.4 kWh capacity). So it's in the ballpark.

Edit: I note that my calculations are based on the three trips. Each trip was quite different in efficiency. The first was VERY efficient, while the second was very inefficient for reasons only @louv knows.
I guess that was when he drove through the snow storm. Slush / snow on the road kills the range more than anything else - at least in my Tesla. Bottom line is that on an average cold day you can expect 180+ miles of range, which solves my range problems . Woohoo!

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
I guess that was when he drove through the snow storm. Slush / snow on the road kills the range more than anything else - at least in my Tesla. Bottom line is that on an average cold day you can expect 180+ miles of range, which solves my range problems . Woohoo!
Climbing the Rocky Mountains probably didn't help.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Attention San Francisco Bay Area Taycan Forum members.

Don is coming into the area and I am organizing the lunch on February 12 in the San Jose general area.

If you’d like to attend, please direct message me through the Forum’s “email” function. I need a number by Monday evening please.
Sponsored