moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Check out the Porsche Good to Know app on Apple and Android app stores. It has online manual with a fair amount on InnoDrive vs ACC. (Available for limited countries)

I am getting InnoDrive and night vision. ;)
Thanks ron_b - I posted the video from the Taycan user manual regarding InnoDrive and what it does.

Sponsored

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Hi Don...I love this thread. Thank you. It helps to live vicariously as I wait for my 4S (May 8 supposedly).

Question...I'm curious as to what you are going to do with your winter tires as you hit the southern states? If I was a Porsche rep, I'd offer to get you your all-season/summer wheels/tires shipped from Maine and have them swapped in a California or Arizona dealer. That way you can ride the remaining 6-7k miles on non-winter tires.
That would be great. But unexpected.
I’m expecting to just drive on them the rest of the way. They might be wrecked by the time I get home, but there’s nothing to be done about it.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Don
Your trips looking great so far and it’s great we are along for the ride

I wondered if you have had a chance to really test innodrive/ACC and share your thoughts?
I know when I asked a week ago you hadn’t had a chance

Its the one thing that I keep changing on my build and I have to make a final decision in the next 3 weeks so wanted to hear your thoughts especially as you are doing lots of driving

cheers pal and enjoy as we all certainly are
I’ve tested it a bit more, and here’s the only real use I’m finding for it: I need to behave badly and look something up on my phone. So I engage InnoDrive, so between my half-attention and it’s half-ability everyone is safer.

I think it is a good build addition. If it EVER saves your (or my) life, it’ll be worth the money.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
That would be great. But unexpected.
I’m expecting to just drive on them the rest of the way. They might be wrecked by the time I get home, but there’s nothing to be done about it.
yeah, the snow tires should be fine; they should last 20k miles, easy... I've driven Michelin Sport winter tires on my Panamera over thousands of winter miles, and they are very quiet for long road trips -- zero complaints.
Nobody should drive on summer tires when the temp is below 40 deg F anyway.. There will be plenty of days/nights going through the desert when you have sub-40-degree temps, and then when you head back up the east coast to Maine, you'll definitely want the winter tires anyway in early March, where we have snow in New England in March almost always.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@louv

How is the comfort of the drive for such long periods?

On average, how many hours do you drive a day? How do you feel after a long day of driving? How do you feel the next morning?

Thanks!

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve tested it a bit more, and here’s the only real use I’m finding for it: I need to behave badly and look something up on my phone. So I engage InnoDrive, so between my half-attention and it’s half-ability everyone is safer.

I think it is a good build addition. If it EVER saves your (or my) life, it’ll be worth the money.
Don, I have seen several of your comments about InnoDrives ability to steer well. One correction if I may is that InnoDrive does not steer. It is simply the enhanced adaptive cruise control that knows about corners and banks and traction issues to adjust speeds around turns etc. Actual steering functionality is provided by one of two systems:
1. Lane Keep Assist (LKA) which ping-pongs from left border to right lane marker. That's all I have on my Chevy Bolt and I'm very familiar with its limited use case, value is if you are not paying attention and it beeps and tries to correct.
2. Active Lane Keeping which should keep you center in lane but you can adjust to your preference if you like left of center for instance. I have read several other good reports of it.

I am wondering if you are using LKA and not Active Lane Keeping?

Thanks for all of your trip history, hope to see you in San Jose.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don, I have seen several of your comments about InnoDrives ability to steer well. One correction if I may is that InnoDrive does not steer. It is simply the enhanced adaptive cruise control that knows about corners and banks and traction issues to adjust speeds around turns etc. Actual steering functionality is provided by one of two systems:
1. Lane Keep Assist (LKA) which ping-pongs from left border to right lane marker. That's all I have on my Chevy Bolt and I'm very familiar with its limited use case, value is if you are not paying attention and it beeps and tries to correct.
2. Active Lane Keeping which should keep you center in lane but you can adjust to your preference if you like left of center for instance. I have read several other good reports of it.

I am wondering if you are using LKA and not Active Lane Keeping?

Thanks for all of your trip history, hope to see you in San Jose.
I guess I was using InnoDrive as the umbrella name for several features.
But, yes, mostly I was talking about Active Lane Keeping.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@louv

How is the comfort of the drive for such long periods?

On average, how many hours do you drive a day? How do you feel after a long day of driving? How do you feel the next morning?

Thanks!
It is as comfortable as my i8, which I could drive 12 hours a day and cross the US in 4 days.
I have no complaints about the seats. My car has the standard (for the Turbo) 14-way seats. If I had spec’ed my car, I would have chosen the 18-way Sports sets because as a skinny guy, I like having adjustable side bolsters.

edit:
I usually drive 120-180 miles at a time. A total of 400 to 650 a day.

In other vehicles (Sprinter Van RV, or i8) I have done 850 in a day. In a Z4MCoupe I’ve done two consecutive 1000 mile days. On a motorcycle I once did 1324 miles in 21.5 hours.

Last edited:

Mhoepfin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
It is as comfortable as my i8, which I could drive 12 hours a day and cross the US in 4 days.
I have no complaints about the seats. My car has the standard (for the Turbo) 14-way seats. If I had spec’ed my car, I would have chosen the 18-way Sports sets because as a skinny guy, I like having adjustable side bolsters.
I would love your thoughts on the i8, but know better than to ask and get roasted on a Porsche forum :cool:

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What’s better than a drive through the California redwoods? Not much.

Last night was a brief stopover in Klamath.
This morning was a leisurely drive down the scenic route through Prairie Creek Redwoods state park.

Then a continuation down 101, past the roiling Pacific (that’s an oxymoron), through more beautiful redwood forests, along rivers, with a lunch and 50kW charging stop at the Benbow Historic Inn.

Hello California, my dear California. I do adore you.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal F4A387F4-D1BD-4AE3-94BF-EE5865656021
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 5C696CFB-1E8F-4287-87EE-8661CDF9BC58
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 35094AAA-A25A-472F-887E-45C83C843581
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal C95E9747-FCAD-4F5C-82CA-24930BD40679
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 7746287F-A548-430D-AFEF-D3CEC2ACE34F
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 3D150711-8552-4B55-A8F6-283B3999A385
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal D068781E-196A-43CF-A829-FD8319A55482
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 35C13C1F-879F-4F6A-8AFE-07E50AB26EDC
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 3B23489E-682F-4239-8345-4C4AFA5B659F
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal AE5F3E68-053A-40D7-8B4C-4375E29F656B
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 01B8AFDB-F0C1-4B4E-A3F5-0ED1F68DAF20