K2Kraze

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S; Macan GTS; 718 Boxster
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the tip on the backup 240v dryer adapter, sir.

Where did you get that gem - worthy of keeping alongside the Tesla L2 adapter I presume.

Great work, Don!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hopefully you limited the current on the mobile charger if the dryer was only 40a circuit.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I was concerned about that also -most dryer circuits are 30 amps - which means if you follow "code" you should only charge at 24 amps.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I was concerned about that also -most dryer circuits are 30 amps - which means if you follow "code" you should only charge at 24 amps.
David you should do a cheat-sheet for the different plugs and amps would be very helpful One could laminate in and put it with all the connectors in the frunk...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the cheat sheet is easy - amp rating of the plug * 80%… :)

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Hopefully you limited the current on the mobile charger if the dryer was only 40a circuit.
Hmmm. I didn’t limit it. It didn’t trip the breaker, so it might be a 50A circuit. I’ll check in the morning. Thx for the reminder.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the tip on the backup 240v dryer adapter, sir.

Where did you get that gem - worthy of keeping alongside the Tesla L2 adapter I presume.

Great work, Don!
Amazon.
This is just one adapter, but you can also get a set of four that should cover most
Of the 30 & 50A sockets you’d find in houses or shops.

fantasma

First Name
Sven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M550i, Porsche Cayman GT4, Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Mk II
Country flag
The glass roof was fine in 80° weather. No problem. No glare. All the cooling and heating systems work quite well.
I live in Spain and I haven't decide whether I should add the glass sun roof to my spec
Does the car get very warm parked in the Californian sun? If so, does ti take a lot of energy to bring the interior temperature back down afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in Spain and I haven't decide whether I should add the glass sun roof to my spec
Does the car get very warm parked in the Californian sun? If so, does ti take a lot of energy to bring the interior temperature back down afterwards?

Thanks in advance!
I’m not sure I can answer that yet. I haven’t spent a lot of time parked! As I travel further south I’ll have more experience.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@louv - I think you missed my question. No worries, this is a busy thread! I was just wondering if the visibility in the rear mirror has bothered you at all. Or did it bother you at first? Much less visibility than I’m used to at least. I was even considering removing the rear seat headrests.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@louv - I think you missed my question. No worries, this is a busy thread! I was just wondering if the visibility in the rear mirror has bothered you at all. Or did it bother you at first? Much less visibility than I’m used to at least. I was even considering removing the rear seat headrests.
Apologies. Yes, I did miss it. (I’m sure I’ve missed others, too, so re-ask, folks!)

Short answer:
You get used to the limited visibility.

Long Answer:
I’ve owned several cars with restricted rear views. (BMW i8, BMW Z4MCoupe, etc). My brain adjusts (after time) to the restrictions, and compensates by using mirrors to “fill in the gaps”.

So, initially, it feels odd in parking lots, and in town, but you’ll quickly just get used to it. Out on the freeway, there’s no problem. Plenty of visibility to the rear.

Also, the surround view of the cameras helps quite a bit when parking.

Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
@louv o.k. - I re-ask :) ... I'm interested in Innodrive capabilities .... how long (in seconds) does car drive without hands on steering wheel? Are you able to add 5 or 10mph to the speed limit detected from camera? .. is it permanently or do you have to add these 5 or 10 mph every time the camera detected a new speed limit?

Last edited:

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Apologies. Yes, I did miss it. (I’m sure I’ve missed others, too, so re-ask, folks!)

Short answer:
You get used to the limited visibility.

Long Answer:
I’ve owned several cars with restricted rear views. (BMW i8, BMW Z4MCoupe, etc). My brain adjusts (after time) to the restrictions, and compensates by using mirrors to “fill in the gaps”.

So, initially, it feels odd in parking lots, and in town, but you’ll quickly just get used to it. Out on the freeway, there’s no problem. Plenty of visibility to the rear.

Also, the surround view of the cameras helps quite a bit when parking.
Thanks. I think I’ll get used to it. One of the reviews in one of the several hundred (!) videos about the taycan that I’ve seen, commented on it. I think it might’ve been the top Gear review. I was hoping there was a mode in the car where you could see out the rearview camera on the screen while driving, like in the Tesla. Maybe in a future software upgrade.
Sponsored