cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Yes! That’s why I took that particular photo. I’ve never seen it so clear before. (I lived here in 2016).
I'm an astronomer and work constantly with astronomers who discover comets and near-earth asteroids with those telescopes there at Haleakala (in case you were wondering how I noticed that in your photo!). I've never been to Maui, but it's high on my list to get there soon!
Sponsored

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I'm an astronomer and work constantly with astronomers who discover comets and near-earth asteroids with those telescopes there at Haleakala (in case you were wondering how I noticed that in your photo!). I've never been to Maui, but it's high on my list to get there soon!
It’s a beautiful island and a beautiful drive up to the top. You definitely should visit.

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
I understand the assesment that a frameless window is more prone to letting wind noisepass through to the cabin. In the god old days the were in a “fixed” position when being up. As speed would build and windspeed over the car would increase the windows would be sucked a bit our just ever so slightly and enough to make it more noisy than cars with framed doors. But at some point in the 1990-2000’s the car manufacturers (BMW did) made a sollution where the window after shutting the door goes up about 1/2 cm to the doorsealing - and when opening it would drop that same 1/2 cm making it possible to get out. My 435i had that systemwith frameless doors and the windnoise was as in any other car up to the limit (155 mph). I guess in the Taycan they use the same technique making the frameless doors a non issue in regards to windnoise.

my brother, a car journalist, testet the Turbo S (with the soundinsulated glass) and was very impressed by how low the cabin noise is at speed. But the S class is among the most quiet cars around so I guess you have a reference point which is hard to match or even surpass.
Thank you for the feedback, and also thanks to @louv and @epirali for your perspectives as well! Makes me feel much more confident about what the overall experience will be like!

dannyfinley

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (ordered)
Country flag
Well I just took the time going through your first 41 pages and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I ordered my car last week for a May delivery. All of the questions, your answers, and the experiences that you are having are very valuable to a "first time" EV owner. Look forward to the rest of your journey. Thanks!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I think @louv may have started a competition to cross Canada in an EV!

https://apple.news/AOOZnUuSXTAmGw7Vr_TrgGg.

will be interesting to see how they do?

I think this will be good for the acceptance and uptake of EVs if there is competition between the different networks. There will be a standard set for charging reliability, coverage and efficiency. If EV ownership is to take off these charging stations just have to operate to specification and be reliable.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think @louv may have started a competition to cross Canada in an EV!

https://apple.news/AOOZnUuSXTAmGw7Vr_TrgGg.

will be interesting to see how they do?

I think this will be good for the acceptance and uptake of EVs if there is competition between the different networks. There will be a standard set for charging reliability, coverage and efficiency. If EV ownership is to take off these charging stations just have to operate to specification and be reliable.
we’re excited to make this trip and show people in dramatic fashion how capable these cars and the charging networks that support them really are,
uhhh, they are a bit late to the party on that. Lol.
Someone already did this by using a mix of chargers that aren’t proprietary to one vendor, and they did it without a sponsorship and only r2d2 to help.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another day hanging out in Maui. The BMW Z4 of my friend, the resident cat of this morning’s restaurant, and coffee with a side order of sunrise.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 96FDBC7D-A728-4969-AD31-9B9973E697D2
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal B7762F84-31D0-44A0-B99B-A162446D6AAB
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal B3AD3790-E528-463D-91F3-00538D0BF7B3
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 5FF7446C-E9DC-4AAE-A1AA-41D5D261AB50
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal C01512D2-CF95-4C27-89FE-83C7CFDFBC28
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 27DC485D-6A83-4DAC-B7B6-25D83C155C79

GAS X

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Another day hanging out in Maui. The BMW Z4 of my friend, the resident cat of this morning’s restaurant, and coffee with a side order of sunrise.

[/ATTACH]
B7762F84-31D0-44A0-B99B-A162446D6AAB.jpeg

And this picture would be? A reminder that it is 5 o'clock somewhere?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And this picture would be? A reminder that it is 5 o'clock somewhere?
Yeah... uh, that was yesterday’s lunchtime margarita. “You can’t drink all day unless you start in the morning.”

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hope all went well in Maui, certainly looked like it did from the photos Don @louv.
Looking forward to your continued adventure, hope you can visit PECLA. :cool:

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hope all went well in Maui, certainly looked like it did from the photos Don @louv.
Looking forward to your continued adventure, hope you can visit PECLA. :cool:
I’m scheduled for a visit to PECLA in the morning of the 27th.
Sponsored