feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Yes, I had my dealerships turn off the rear hatch beeping sound in both my Panamera and my 2019 Macan. I have no clue why Porsche has this annoying feature.
I hate all beeping sounds and I often dream of a totally silent car. At least I solved the problem of the seat belt warning. :angel:

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal snip_20200226012648
Sponsored

Last edited:

GAS X

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Are you saying you can literally wave your hand to open the frunk - there's an optical sensor that disengages the latch? I did not know that. Too bad it doesn't just automatically disengage the latch when the car isn't moving. I think Teslas do that (?).
Teslas do not do that. Opening the frunk requires the key fob or the frunk button on the Media Control Unit (MCU)

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Teslas do not do that. Opening the frunk requires the key fob or the frunk button on the Media Control Unit (MCU)
I believe what he's trying to say is once the Model 3 'frunk' is open, all the person needs to do is lift it up. It doesn't have a secondary, manual latch to deal with.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I believe what he's trying to say is once the Model 3 'frunk' is open, all the person needs to do is lift it up. It doesn't have a secondary, manual latch to deal with.
Yes. The hood release is annoying. And unnecessary if the car isn’t moving.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes. The hood release is annoying. And unnecessary if the car isn’t moving.
Somehow I like the mechanically safety feature in key areas - and I guess the front trunk will mostly be for storing cables/charger and other vehicle equipment that im not intending on using regularly. What if someone hacked into Tesla and with an "over the air" command made all Tesla Model 3 hoods open at the same time? Front hood will with wind pressure smack right up in front of the windscreen making visibility very poor and therefore dangerous. Its basically the reason it's there in all other cars. I remember when some random hacker made a Tesla S go all crazy and as I recall also hacked the Dogde/Jeep system enabling them to make all kind of stuff whilst the car was driving.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Somehow I like the mechanically safety feature in key areas - and I guess the front trunk will mostly be for storing cables/charger and other vehicle equipment that im not intending on using regularly. What if someone hacked into Tesla and with an "over the air" command made all Tesla Model 3 hoods open at the same time? Front hood will with wind pressure smack right up in front of the windscreen making visibility very poor and therefore dangerous. Its basically the reason it's there in all other cars. I remember when some random hacker made a Tesla S go all crazy and as I recall also hacked the Dogde/Jeep system enabling them to make all kind of stuff whilst the car was driving.
Sheesh. Well you have to hope Porsche made the car secure against hackers. If you’re going to worry about your car being hacked, you might want to go back to a horse and buggy.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sheesh. Well you have to hope Porsche made the car secure against hackers. If you’re going to worry about your car being hacked, you might want to go back to a horse and buggy.
Well not quite - but in car companies its a real concern. I believe its why BMW has insisted on having cars plug in for a datatransfer to take place - system update etc.

Watch this and be prepared for buggy and horse..

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Total agreement. I'm surprised this engineering choice by Tesla didn't show up as a problem during crash testing. I'm fine with the extra inconvenience.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
To each his own. I know hacking exists and will continue to. I was a software developer for 30 years. I’d just prefer to trust the security in the systems I use, and enjoy the advantages of the technology, rather than avoid using it for fear of hackers.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Perhaps the cat is not too keen on you appropriating a cousins name on your license plate?
Right? The cat was sweet... but that look has some serious attitude.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Right? The cat was sweet... but that look has some serious attitude.
Very true, cute cat,
Question:
your front license plate, did the postitioning pose any problems for the front radar sensors, I was thinking about wrapping the front and was wondering, thanks,

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today’s route: Morro Bay breakfast, Santa Barbara Lunch, Los Angeles dinner. Am I driving around the country or eating my way around the country?

I’m not a fan of charging stations in busy mall parking lots. Usually too hard to find the stations. Usually crowded with other vehicles wanting a charge. But today in Ventura there were signs guiding me to the stations... which were fortunately available. Because while it looks like four chargers, it was really only one (useful for me) station.

Did I mention the weather is beautiful on the California coast today? It is.

No, those islands off the coast of Santa Barbara are NOT Hawai’i. In case you wondered.
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal DEA6923D-DF1D-490A-BDDA-A6420EA3C5F3
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 70764B37-AECD-41FF-B402-2A0F98F4685D
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 51EDA463-AFA4-4DAA-9FE5-AC9295E8B505
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 1F9B4021-E1AD-44EC-956D-1556ECCB3CC2
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 0C4AA75A-3163-4494-AAAB-22AA5BF433BF
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal CB03470B-DC3B-4D6F-8ED6-44F95833F6EE
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 7F9D7346-F968-42E3-9600-3E1BCA076722
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal A295D9B1-AD12-4DEE-968E-61F15B730624

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very true, cute cat,
Question:
your front license plate, did the postitioning pose any problems for the front radar sensors, I was thinking about wrapping the front and was wondering, thanks,
No problem (that I can tell) for the front sensors. I don’t think wrapping would be any problem.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you saying you can literally wave your hand to open the frunk - there's an optical sensor that disengages the latch? I did not know that. Too bad it doesn't just automatically disengage the latch when the car isn't moving. I think Teslas do that (?).
My Tesla definitely doesn’t do that, thank goodness.

Operated the Taycan frunk at the PECLA today. It’s much easier to use than the Model S one because you close it by pushing on the Porsche emblem, no risk of denting the aluminum hood. I don’t use my Tesla frunk for that reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Peacocks, peahens, peafowl.
Beautiful beasts.
Annoying beasts.
Stupid beasts.

Peacocks roam feral in my friend’s neighborhood. They are loud. They attack their own reflections in plate glass windows... and the sides of shiny cars.

My car was attacked by a peacock today. So I had to move it out of the street and cover it. But I had no car cover. So we used moving blankets.

It’s clearly my fault for cleaning the car this weekend. Too shiny.
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 38CBC734-4AEA-40F4-AFD9-7EE094D4F104
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 416901BB-297F-4B11-B510-603B5C1EDA95
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 3FEBC090-83A3-4AD7-BB3A-9D9FE7A51C59
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal B9FEAF73-5AB7-49AD-8938-D77E16AC6090
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal CEE2D7A3-0605-4E8E-BB6C-2610C53BA263
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 6B6CE305-454B-4E37-815D-AD4E3D63AABE
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 4C46920C-3A71-4B8A-8986-44780C529632