Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Don
Do you know if Porsche can do software drops directly to your car at night?

Chuck
Sponsored

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Don
Do you know if Porsche can do software drops directly to your car at night?

Chuck
Don’t know but TESLA of course does them which was actually fun to open the next day. Sure hope PORSCHE does not force us to go to dealer. I just got a recall on my Cayenne for a software update but MUST go to the dealer which should not be necessary in this day and age.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
agreed whenever I get down to Dade county the worst part about people weaving in and out of traffic is it seems normal, also they dont use turn signals at all so you have no idea where they are going.
One of my favorite bumper stickers:

Forget world peace.
Visualize using your turn signal.​

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Don’t know but TESLA of course does them which was actually fun to open the next day. Sure hope PORSCHE does not force us to go to dealer. I just got a recall on my Cayenne for a software update but MUST go to the dealer which should not be necessary in this day and age.
I hate product altering (sometimes damaging) software updates without any interactions with the user of the product. It is a terrible idea! I rather go to the dealer and get an update if I understand what it entails and when it fits into my life. Tesla in my opinion has done a horrific job with their OTA updates.

DM8

First Name
Shi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyan
Country flag
“The network of Petro-Canada DC Fast charging stations are so new...”

“How new ARE they?”

“...that no one has removed the protective films off the card readers.”

So I’ve been unwrapping presents across Canada. Thank you Canada!

AB5A876C-9CD6-407E-AAC8-DB91D25AF208.jpeg
hello, one question.
Does your Tay can have the feature: after charging(soc=100%), it will go to keeping warm model of battery if you don't drive
And how long it can be in keeping warm model"?
thank you!

tedkidd

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Bolt
Country flag
Yes, I’m 6’ and thin. At 6’2” it’ll be tight. There isn’t a lot of room. You can get a little extra by sleeping diagonally. Turning on my side, my hip grazes the top of the opening behind the rear seats. Otherwise it was fine. I don’t think I’ll have another night where it’ll be convenient. Maybe.

It’s kind of an impulsive thing. I have to be in the mood for it as well. Good, quiet locations can be tricky to find. Boondocking and VanDwelling type camping apps can be helpful in finding sites.
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal IMG_20200111_155551573

I'm 6'. 6'2" gonna be really challenging.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I hate product altering (sometimes damaging) software updates without any interactions with the user of the product. It is a terrible idea! I rather go to the dealer and get an update if I understand what it entails and when it fits into my life. Tesla in my opinion has done a horrific job with their OTA updates.
I am not sure you completely understand how the TESLA OTA works..... They can of course be completely automatic as you say. However, this is up to the user to specify in the settings. The standard setting is for manual updates. and here you have a thorough explanation of what is in the update and in the end you can elect to install said update as you see fit or not..... AND if PORSCHE does these type of pre-understood OTAs then I personally think its a great convenience and added benefit to the ownership of the car. just my humble opinion :) BUT THIS IS REALLY FOR ANOTHER THREAD!!

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Benz S 550 coupe, Porsche 911T, Ford F150
Country flag
I am not sure you completely understand how the TESLA OTA works..... They can of course be completely automatic as you say. However, this is up to the user to specify in the settings. The standard setting is for manual updates. and here you have a thorough explanation of what is in the update and in the end you can elect to install said update as you see fit or not..... AND if PORSCHE does these type of pre-understood OTAs then I personally think its a great convenience and added benefit to the ownership of the car. just my humble opinion :) BUT THIS IS REALLY FOR ANOTHER THREAD!!
Unfortunately, Porsche has no plans at this point for OTA updates. They unapologetically require a dealer visit for updates.

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Unfortunately, Porsche has no plans at this point for OTA updates. They unapologetically require a dealer visit for updates.
I'm curious where you heard this since Porsche has been touting this capability from early on. My guess is it will be much more tightly controlled than Tesla's "here's something you can beta test for us" mentality...

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guys,
As a former TESLA owner, I appreciated the option of updates based on the contents. For me, it is a 40 minute drive to the PORSCHE dealer and isfI have to drive there every time there is an update, that is a killer. My car has finished production and I am very concerned about this issue because my experience is that for a new car with new technology for the factory, updates will be fast and furious. Hope I am wrong and if not I am sorry I was an early adapter.

cyberay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Benz S 550 coupe, Porsche 911T, Ford F150
Country flag
Guys,
As a former TESLA owner, I appreciated the option of updates based on the contents. For me, it is a 40 minute drive to the PORSCHE dealer and isfI have to drive there every time there is an update, that is a killer. My car has finished production and I am very concerned about this issue because my experience is that for a new car with new technology for the factory, updates will be fast and furious. Hope I am wrong and if not I am sorry I was an early adapter.
Ron R & Pacifier: About 10 days ago I was at the local Porsche dealer in West Palm Beach and speaking with a factory rep who happened to be there that day. He was answering my question as to whether there would be OTA capability ala Tesla. He said no, not at this time. He added that Porsche wants the car to come in so they can be sure all goes well with the update. That may be the real motive or maybe not, you never know.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ron R & Pacifier: About 10 days ago I was at the local Porsche dealer in West Palm Beach and speaking with a factory rep who happened to be there that day. He was answering my question as to whether there would be OTA capability ala Tesla. He said no, not at this time. He added that Porsche wants the car to come in so they can be sure all goes well with the update. That may be the real motive or maybe not, you never know.
Sounds like the plan is to insure that all glitches are handled at the dealer. Maybe they will agree to pick my car up everytime it needs an update! Thanks for the info......
Sponsored