Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Yeah this was an epic journey! Always looked forward to reading this every day. I'm planning a mini road trip locally in Finland once I get the car, in 1-2 months. Will take a few weeks vacation from work to be able to do the trip.

Although will need to see how the Corona situation develops, currently I'm more or less in stay at home mode until the epidemic slows down.
Sponsored

reliev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
I also heard from my local dealership that updates that effect driving will require a service visit, at least at first. UI and Infotainment updates will be pushed OTA. Porsche will be conservative IMHO, but also I would be surprised to see more than 3 updates per year requiring a visit.
yeah if the dealership is handling it IMO 4 would be the ideal number, I also think it's just a reason to charge you for service.. In this day in age, I assumed Porsche would have had this figured out its a car I've wanted to own forever (former VW/Audi owner also). I wonder if they have this capability when the Macan EV replacement comes out next and that this will be a distant thought sort of thing.
I am by no means a tesla fanboy even though I own one but I do check the release notes before I blindly accept im sure others dont which give its a bad rap.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I posted once asking "if you enjoyed reading this, please donate to help make the world a better place." (paraphrased)

I'm very happy to say that you all donated $5040.00 to MSF, ARLGP, and HSSV. I'll be matching that amount, so the total raised is $10,080.

THANK YOU!!!

(Dear Porsche NA and Electrify America, if you want to chip anything in, that would be wonderful :cool: and much appreciated.)

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I still have a few posts to write: A trip summary. And the list of bugs & feature requests that I’ve filed with Porsche.

And I’m gonna have it slammed, stanced, wrapped, and add lots of random carbon fiber Aero parts.

And maybe a trailer hitch.
Thank you Don for taking us all along on your trip. Would love to get the detailed list of bugs issues and feature requests once you got it all organized..

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yeah if the dealership is handling it IMO 4 would be the ideal number, I also think it's just a reason to charge you for service..
I doubt updates during the warrantee period would cost.

Secondly, I would hope that they don't have that many updates that affect driving per year. Although I would expect that Porsche would test the heck out of things to ensure no problems, it is software in a complex system, so there are no guarantees.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
yeah if the dealership is handling it IMO 4 would be the ideal number, I also think it's just a reason to charge you for service.. In this day in age, I assumed Porsche would have had this figured out its a car I've wanted to own forever (former VW/Audi owner also). I wonder if they have this capability when the Macan EV replacement comes out next and that this will be a distant thought sort of thing.
I am by no means a tesla fanboy even though I own one but I do check the release notes before I blindly accept im sure others dont which give its a bad rap.
The Taycan does have 4 years of free service, by that time I suspect updates will be (a) less frequent and (b) more done on-line.

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
216 years after Lewis and Clark, “louv-is and Spark” set out on an equally unprecedented journey

You have inspired me to seek new road adventures, just a bit outside of my comfort zone

You have assured me that my enthusiasm about owning a Taycan is warranted

Thank you for sharing your adventure

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
... Would love to get the detailed list of bugs issues and feature requests once you got it all organized..
The bug list has now been posted in the "Issues, Warranty, Recalls, TSBs" section.

reliev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR
Country flag
The Taycan does have 4 years of free service, by that time I suspect updates will be (a) less frequent and (b) more done on-line.
wasnt aware ok this makes sense so then after those 4 years it should be "fixed" no? I would assume.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
wasnt aware ok this makes sense so then after those 4 years it should be "fixed" no? I would assume.
Yes, I wouldn't suspect any changes to getting fixes, I just can't comment on any costs of a dealership visit after 4 years.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Is the 4 year warranty standard in the US? Here in France the warranty period is only 2 years, which is surprising. Tesla have 4 years on their EV’s but not Porsche? That is not a long period to sort out the long list of issues that @louv has submitted.

There is 8 years or 160 000 km warranty for the battery but not the rest of the drive train?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is the 4 year warranty standard in the US? Here in France the warranty period is only 2 years, which is surprising. Tesla have 4 years on their EV’s but not Porsche? That is not a long period to sort out the long list of issues that @louv has submitted.

There is 8 years or 160 000 km warranty for the battery but not the rest of the drive train?
I see on https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/vehicleinformation/warranty/
That the 4 year 50,000 miles is for USA and Canada, other countries have 2 year unlimited milage.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drove 10 miles yesterday. Delivered the check to the Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland. The other checks were mailed out yesterday.

I did not recharge.

Then I sat on the couch with my cats and watched movies while sheltering-in-place.

(most boring status update... ever)

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I drove 10 miles yesterday. Delivered the check to the Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland. The other checks were mailed out yesterday.

I did not recharge.

Then I sat on the couch with my cats and watched movies while sheltering-in-place.

(most boring status update... ever)
Even at 10 miles a day I suspect you're going to hold the title of "highest average daily mileage driven since delivery" for quite a long time.
Sponsored