louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Don @louv here's another click-bate title for a link to your journey.

Did the Porsche Taycan Survive the 11,000 Mile Road Trip?
Owner Takes New Taycan Turbo on a 11,000 Mile Road Trip Around America and Canada
https://www.grandtournation.com/the...sche-taycan-survive-the-11000-mile-road-trip/

See the photo they posted with footnote, photo provided by InsideEVs. :cool: Must be your buddies over there Eh Don?
Oh, that’s hilarious! It’s like a game of telephone where it gets more and more wrong as it goes around the net.

I’ve gotta go ask my mom how she’s liking her sudden move to Hawai’i.

<grabs popcorn >

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Oh, that’s hilarious! It’s like a game of telephone where it gets more and more wrong as it goes around the net.

I’ve gotta go ask my mom how she’s liking her sudden move to Hawai’i.

<grabs popcorn >
I'm very glad to have read all about your trip first hand, as it was happening. Too bad some writing about it now aren't doing their due diligence and research before publishing their articles.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm very glad to have read all about your trip first hand, as it was happening. Too bad some writing about it now aren't doing their due diligence and research before publishing their articles.
It’s an excellent example of the basic difference between Journalism and Blogging.

One involves original research and facts.

The other is scraping other people’s content and reposting without understanding or care, for the purpose of click-thru.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I’ve been quarantined and Sheltered in Place for two weeks since my trip. I guess I’m safe, and I managed to stay one step ahead of (and six feet away from) trouble.

Which also means I’m not Donny CoronaSeed, aka patient Zero, spreading coughs wherever I go.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy, and helping slow this thing down. Peace.

Darthamerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P90D
Country flag
Well, I’ve been quarantined and Sheltered in Place for two weeks since my trip. I guess I’m safe, and I managed to stay one step ahead of (and six feet away from) trouble.

Which also means I’m not Donny CoronaSeed, aka patient Zero, spreading coughs wherever I go.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy, and helping slow this thing down. Peace.
Hard to imagine that handshake at PECLA could have been doom but thankfully it wasn't... Glad you're safe and stay that way!

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag

Good you're healthy! My 14 day also ended yesterday from a terrific adventure in Havana. Multiple flights to get back home, so best to hunker down until today. Stay safe everyone.

Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal Blue Havana Buick 2020

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don @louv going international now... :cool:
Estonian from Auto Geenius

https://auto.geenius.ee/rubriik/ele...tis-porsche-taycan-turboga-jarjest-18-000-km/

Ameeriklane sõitis Porsche Taycan Turboga järjest 18 000 km

The American traveled 18,000 km for the Porsche Taycan Turbo

Tarmo Tähepõld
March 30, 2020 at 11:54 am
Google Translated:

"Get a new Porsche and put it in the garage as an investment? Probably not, but American Don Louv has gone the other way, writes InsideEVs.

Originally a much shorter journey, it traveled all over America and across Canada, yielding 17,700 kilometers or 11,000 miles.

Don did an average of 8-10 hours a day (with charges) and got an average distance of 346 kilometers between two charges. It also includes over 5000 km of driving on cold and snowy roads. At temperatures above 10 degrees, the average travel range between the two charges was 363 km.

While such nationwide long journeys used to be a private affair for Tesla owners, now the charging network has been catching up with other cars, and according to Don, driving in this sense was uneventful.

The car was very comfortable for a long ride and there were no technical problems. Once, he also visited a Porsche dealership in Canada to see if some of the charger connectivity issues were due to the car. The service decision was that the car was fine and probably the charger was wrong.

Check out the travel photos here, and Don also accommodated a 46-hour trip in a 1.5-hour time-child video:"

saronian

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Country flag
Side note: I’m a pubished photographer, with at least seven covers for a nationally published magazine (made from real dead trees, not electrons) that has a distribution of 75,000. Not Motor Trend size, but not a neighborhood PTA newsletter either.
Thanks for sharing the trip movie, it's fun to scroll through and even the stops are interesting. Too bad about Motor Trend they missed an opportunely to publish a Taycan article way before they start to proliferate on the roads.

Back in the 70's & 80's I was a professional photographer in Los Angeles, specializing in product advertising. Every once in a while a magazine editorial job would come my way and, apart from covers, they never paid more than expenses + credit. Often it was a fair trade but they usually insisted on owning the image rights as well. I commend your position, few photographers know how valuable their work is to magazine publishers.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

saronian

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Country flag
A new summary of the Don @louv trip from Robb Report.

This Man Took His All-Electric Porsche Taycan on 46-Day Road Trip Across America. Here’s What Happened.
Don Louv traveled from Maine to California and back—the long way—behind the wheel of his Taycan Turbo.
  • Howard Walker
  • April 24, 2020 9:00AM EDT PT

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/all-electric-porsche-taycan-11000-mile-road-trip-2915959/amp/
Good summary of the trip, illustrated with some choice photos.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
finally collected mine today @louv and its over 400 miles home for me (I've purchased from the furthest UK dealer away !!!) , so its going to be a long first day but i suppose it gives me a good chance to work out what everything does
Sponsored