Testdriver1

First Name
Testsriver1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3rs, Taycan turbo, 992 gen 911, Cayenne turbo S, Speedster
Country flag
Sounds like fun! However, we have been testing these cars for a year now. We have also made the trip across the us and most of Canada. I sure hope you have a much fun as we all did. Safe travels and enjoy!
Now, let me finish testing the next gen Taycan for the world to enjoy.
Porsche #1 Testdriver
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
What an epic journey! Safe Travels.
When you get to Vancouver drop in to Porsche Vancouver and we'll give you a free wash, inspection and take you to lunch.
Got to respect that dealer. Nice touch to the Porsche customer service.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Sounds like fun! However, we have been testing these cars for a year now. We have also made the trip across the us and most of Canada. I sure hope you have a much fun as we all did. Safe travels and enjoy!
Porsche #1 Testdriver
Perhaps work out the bugs on the first edition before moving on to the second-gen...

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Got to respect that dealer. Nice touch to the Porsche customer service.
I'd like to think that all Porsche dealers would be friendly and hospitable like this, given the situation here (pioneer Taycan owner driving 10k miles the first month of ownership)...

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Porsche #1 Testdriver
That's quite a teaser! Can you elaborate on what kind of range you were getting in your long-distance testing?

Also, it sounds like the "test" vehicles may have had some notable differences from the final production vehicles that are just now hitting the roads. (see https://ww.electrek.co/2020/01/29/f...est-porsche-ever-and-yet-just-the-beginning/#)

Last edited:

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here I sit, charging again. Also, eating dinner in Ottawa. I’m not a fan of Ottawa... probably my fault for arriving during rush hour. The Nav kept telling me over and over about my upcoming 45 minute delay. Thanks Nav.

oh, I really enjoyed the Nav reading the French street names correctly in French Quebec.

Basically, I’m just repeating: Drive for 3 hours, charge for an hour or so.

I’ve been on the road for 10h05m and covered 403 miles. 0.435kWh per mile. Not bad, but significantly less than I could do burning liquified dinosaurs.

The charging stations can be a little troublesome to find. This one was tucked waaaaaay in the back of a huge (and now dark) mall parking lot. The only reason I found it was because it was glowing green.

Nicely, the car knew I was stopping off at a DC Fast charging station, and it pre-warmed the battery as I approached. Not that it mattered, as it was a mere 50kW station. The pre-warming only really matters for 150kW or 350kW stations.

Oh. It’s 12°F outside. I probably should wear more than a t-shirt under my winter jacket.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
0.435 kWh/mi is very impressive considering how cold it is. Thanks for doing this trip and keeping us posted

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Here I sit, charging again. Also, eating dinner in Ottawa. I’m not a fan of Ottawa... probably my fault for arriving during rush hour. The Nav kept telling me over and over about my upcoming 45 minute delay. Thanks Nav.

oh, I really enjoyed the Nav reading the French street names correctly in French Quebec.

Basically, I’m just repeating: Drive for 3 hours, charge for an hour or so.

I’ve been on the road for 10h05m and covered 403 miles. 0.435kWh per mile. Not bad, but significantly less than I could do burning liquified dinosaurs.

The charging stations can be a little troublesome to find. This one was tucked waaaaaay in the back of a huge (and now dark) mall parking lot. The only reason I found it was because it was glowing green.

Nicely, the car knew I was stopping off at a DC Fast charging station, and it pre-warmed the battery as I approached. Not that it mattered, as it was a mere 50kW station. The pre-warming only really matters for 150kW or 350kW stations.

Oh. It’s 12°F outside. I probably should wear more than a t-shirt under my winter jacket.
So far, which app has been the most helpful and accurate, I was going to use a better planner because it looked easier to use. Got any site seeing planned for tomorrow?