Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
I visited my primary dealer (not in my home city) who has my deposit, last Friday. He said they expect the configurator for the 4S up on the 15th and they are ready to help me spec out my car whenever I am ready. Once my specs are entered into the system that triggers Porsche to see my build as a request and to let them know that as soon as the dealer gets an allocation they can schedule a build date. He anticipates US build for early next year but I can submit specs when I want, and that puts me in the real queue for an order. if someone specs before me they could get priority on the next allocation.

I asked about European delivery, which I intend to request, and he said they expect it to be available ‘later” but definitely in time for me to get a 4S around early summer, late spring, he said Porsche actually encourages it for US buyers!

Yesterday we were at the 911 reveal and I asked the salesman at my home dealer about helping me find one in the US to go see. He stated they expect to have four just for their dealership in late Nov or December. They won’t be for sale, and cannot be sold he was clear on saying, but will be available to drive and see for real! He expects a Turbo, Turbo S, 4S and maybe a base but he was relying on what they told him.
Oh yes, he also said the pano roof does not have a screen but has the special dual pane glass. That’s disappointing, especially for us Florida sunshine state residents.

Now I am even more excited.
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
We were also at the 992 reveal Friday at POM. I believe there is a Taycan at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. I was trying to see it during the upcoming Christmas week but they are closed the whole week. From what I've read the metal roof can be ordered after June 2020. Besides keeping out the FL sun the double bubble metal roof looks cooler to me.

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We were also at the 992 reveal Friday at POM. I believe there is a Taycan at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta. I was trying to see it during the upcoming Christmas week but they are closed the whole week. From what I've read the metal roof can be ordered after June 2020. Besides keeping out the FL sun the double bubble metal roof looks cooler to me.
I live in Arizona. The glass roof is a no-go for me. Guess I have to wait an additional 6-8 months.
Sponsored