Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
From Castelldefels to Girona we had some serious delays and detours because of minor accidents on the motorway. However we had very efficient charging and in part to driving with a light foot today through France, to avoid any Gendarmes lurking for speeders, we were able to skip the charger in Tavel and drove from Village-Catalan Ionity to Montelimar Ionity without stopping. We arrived at a measly 6% charge and were surprised to see it charging from 6% to almost 60% at over 250kw in under 10 minutes ! :rock:
Porsche Taycan Tarifa to Nordkapp  Day 2:  Valencia to Lyon  …  smooth charging and some serious traffic delays 58D21C86-309B-4E69-8DFC-E1F9F2C9D9DF

Porsche Taycan Tarifa to Nordkapp  Day 2:  Valencia to Lyon  …  smooth charging and some serious traffic delays 83D07F99-B47C-45C6-85F7-6FDC65427C86
Porsche Taycan Tarifa to Nordkapp  Day 2:  Valencia to Lyon  …  smooth charging and some serious traffic delays 43F133D5-3739-40A4-92AD-280D6800766B

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
You certainly are doing quite some long driving stints on this route. Will be interesting to see how you can get through Germany and the normally frequent baustelle. Even if many stretches have no speed limit, the average speed is much reduced.

Perhaps a suggestion , that you include the ABRP overview for your daily trip so it is easier to follow.

I would also appreciate the stats such as avg speed and consumption in kWh/100km (from the app or instrument panel Since start daily) as well as temperature (roughly). Just to get a feel for and compare data?

Nice trip!

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great to see your journey and experiences, however this will be difficult to follow, I had watch on after I saw day 1 but then realised day 2 is a new thread so could be easy to miss. Is there an easier way to follow each day? Am I being stupid? 🤦🏻

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
From Castelldefels to Girona we had some serious delays and detours because of minor accidents on the motorway. However we had very efficient charging and in part to driving with a light foot today through France, to avoid any Gendarmes lurking for speeders, we were able to skip the charger in Tavel and drove from Village-Catalan Ionity to Montelimar Ionity without stopping. We arrived at a measly 6% charge and were surprised to see it charging from 6% to almost 60% at over 250kw in under 10 minutes ! :rock:
58D21C86-309B-4E69-8DFC-E1F9F2C9D9DF.jpeg

83D07F99-B47C-45C6-85F7-6FDC65427C86.jpeg
43F133D5-3739-40A4-92AD-280D6800766B.jpeg
Nice! Don’t forget to get some nougat while you are there.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps a suggestion , that you include the ABRP overview for your daily trip so it is easier to follow.

I would also appreciate the stats such as avg speed and consumption in kWh/100km (from the app or instrument panel Since start daily) as well as temperature (roughly). Just to get a feel for and compare data?

Nice trip!
I have all the info, just not enough hours in a day to compile and check them before posting. I have been taking photos of the dash at every stop and start. Have some patience and hopefully by next weekend I will post all the data.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I can fully understand that with your long drives per day.

Have fun!

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. We are enjoying the trip inmensely. Although we planned it well, the days are long and we are quite tired at night.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Is it too late to get sponsorship from Porsche? It’s a great adventure!

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suggest you use Coyote hardware or app for fixed radar info. This is 100% legal. There are very heavy fines and points on your license for possession of radar/laser detectors and much heavier for radar/laser jammers. Your car can be retained and all equipment confiscated as well. As far as speeding, moderate speeding will get you a moderate fine and big speeding a heavy fine and points on your license. Very often there are hidden radar traps with stopped cars behind obstacles, and beware of the often present laser mounted on helicopters. There is no way to fight a fine or penalty when caught by one of these. Also frequently there are speed controlled sections were average speed is calculated. These are all announced by signs on the road, as are fixed radars on the road or the city, by law. However the distance to the radar varies greatly, from a few meters to a few kilometers. On the other hand if found to be driving recklessly, or speeding greatly you will land in jail and lose your license. If you pay the fine in the first 30 days, you will get a 50% discount on the Euro amount (not points). Be aware that quite a few European countries have a fine and points on license agreement.

See: speedingeurope.com

Quote:

On July 1st 2019 the EU enforced their the Cross-Border Enforcement Directive.
Drivers in 21 European states will see fines for some driving offences committed abroad sent to their home country. The directive covers eight offences: Drink driving, driving under the influence of drugs, speeding, running a red light, not wearing a seatbelt, motorcyclists not wearing a crash helmet, driving on the hard shoulder and using a mobile phone while driving. Foreign offenders will be fined the penalty payable in the country of the offence, even if fines vary across Europe. Remember that this procedure is in place only for automatic offences that occur (such as a speed trap). In other cases the driver stopped will be required to pay in cash.
The countries are Austria, Chech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.

See table below for penalties in Spain:

Porsche Taycan Tarifa to Nordkapp  Day 2:  Valencia to Lyon  …  smooth charging and some serious traffic delays 97B2BA5B-AD77-429C-B34E-0D2EE5CCA97F

Beware because extremely severe will have jail time (in red).

Note: You start with 12 points and get 1 additional one for every year you have none detracted until a max of 15. If you lose all your points you lose your license. You can get a few back if you take a course given by the authorities. You may be unable to drive from 6 months to 2 years the first time you have your license revoked, and there is no license the second time !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By the way, when I left for my trip, I still had my 15 points and hope to keep it that way by driving safe.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I suggest you use Coyote hardware or app for fixed radar info. This is 100% legal. There are very heavy fines and points on your license for possession of radar/laser detectors and much heavier for radar/laser jammers. Your car can be retained and all equipment confiscated as well. As far as speeding, moderate speeding will get you a moderate fine and big speeding a heavy fine and points on your license. Very often there are hidden radar traps with stopped cars behind obstacles, and beware of the often present laser mounted on helicopters. There is no way to fight a fine or penalty when caught by one of these. Also frequently there are speed controlled sections were average speed is calculated. These are all announced by signs on the road, as are fixed radars on the road or the city, by law. However the distance to the radar varies greatly, from a few meters to a few kilometers. On the other hand if found to be driving recklessly, or speeding greatly you will land in jail and lose your license. If you pay the fine in the first 30 days, you will get a 50% discount on the Euro amount (not points). Be aware that quite a few European countries have a fine and points on license agreement.

See: speedingeurope.com

Quote:

On July 1st 2019 the EU enforced their the Cross-Border Enforcement Directive.
Drivers in 21 European states will see fines for some driving offences committed abroad sent to their home country. The directive covers eight offences: Drink driving, driving under the influence of drugs, speeding, running a red light, not wearing a seatbelt, motorcyclists not wearing a crash helmet, driving on the hard shoulder and using a mobile phone while driving. Foreign offenders will be fined the penalty payable in the country of the offence, even if fines vary across Europe. Remember that this procedure is in place only for automatic offences that occur (such as a speed trap). In other cases the driver stopped will be required to pay in cash.
The countries are Austria, Chech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom.

See table below for penalties in Spain:

97B2BA5B-AD77-429C-B34E-0D2EE5CCA97F.jpeg

Beware because extremely severe will have jail time (in red).

Note: You start with 12 points and get 1 additional one for every year you have none detracted until a max of 15. If you lose all your points you lose your license. You can get a few back if you take a course given by the authorities. You may be unable to drive from 6 months to 2 years the first time you have your license revoked, and there is no license the second time !
I used the coyote IPhone app for a while it also works well. It is allowed in F, B, NL but it is not allowed in some countries like Autsria and Switzerland for example. Any detection device even coyote only indicating hazard zones for speed cameras is illegal. I think in Germany Coyote is still because it shows an danger zone if 2 km is ok but speedcam notification in Tom Tom and Germin is not.

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
I wonder what the point situation is for a UK licence holder post Brexit… maybe there’s one good thing about leaving the EU!!
Sponsored