Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
First I would like to say this adventure was magnificent and I want to thank my son-in-law for sharing my dream, and making it possible.

The car never missed a beat, was a charm to drive and made us smile all the way. The charging was faultless, except once at Iberdrola Guarromán, where in retrospect I should have called the service number and a small delay at L’Aldea Zunder. All the planning was worth it. I have been able to charge without needing to download any apps or configure accounts as my research covered them all without any glitches. We have eaten very well, and slept enough until the last two nights that were too long. We decided we would take it easy on the seventh day and just do a late short hop to Alta, Norway. Tomorrow on to Umeå, and on Saturday to Malmö.

I only experienced a few known minor bugs with the PCM, search in German on startup, music won´t play after some calls (corrected by momentarily selecting radio as an audio source) and little else to report.

As to the in-car data connection we have had uninterrupted LTE for about 90% of the voyage, about 7% 3G and some very instances with Edge and a few minutes near Nordkapp with no signal. Even in the deep tunnels we had data. The SatNav performed flawlessly and all chargers except one in the whole trip, I was able to preheat the battery.

I hope to continue with an uneventful trip and will be posting a lot of data after my arrival in Madrid.

For those counting, 5989 kms from Tarifa to Nordkapp.

Porsche Taycan Tarifa to Nordkapp recap and impressions 29D4952F-7917-4300-938A-333818E5DC3F
Porsche Taycan Tarifa to Nordkapp recap and impressions 6E791E41-9761-4F7C-8EC3-DC25E6DC3AFD

Last edited:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I just spent 19 days traveling across Andalusia region in a tiny 5-speed economy car that I rented (Cadiz to Grenada). I was surprised how few EVs (and no Taycans) were seen on my trip. I did see a couple Tesla Model 3s.

On many of the roads I'd wonder if the Taycan would be able to pass. Frequently cars had to tuck in the side mirrors in order to pass roads that were built for horse and buggy.