SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
As US owners (or tax payers) are going to lose out on the $7.500 tax credit, I was just wondering what tax credits other international Taycan Forum members are or are not getting?

In Switzerland there is/was:

-a rebate on the purchase price. As it relates to me I or the car did not qualify in the state (Canton) I live in*
-from no support to full 100% discount on the annual “road tax” we pay to register the car. As it relates to me, again my state/Canton converts the electrical power of the Taycan into ICE horse power and taxes me like I own an ICE

No super incentive where I live and wonder if that will change (but surely will not be grandfathered). At least I got CASH back sent to my account for the solar panels on my roof!

*in a way similar to the US with a federal government and state government
Sponsored

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
interested to know as well,

In Taiwan, we are exempt from road tax.
Rumors are this will be gone soon and we will be charged by HP.

We also get a refund on the Cargo tax charged for importing the car

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
In the US there are still certain state tax incentives. For example, most states charge sales tax on the sale or lease of a motor vehicle. In New Jersey where I live it is 6.625% of the full purchase price. However, the purchase or lease of a “zero emissions vehicle” is exempt from that tax so I saved the 6.625% when I purchased my Taycan. Each state differs of course.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
In Ireland:
  • A €5,000 rebate on Vehicle Registration Tax was recently removed for any vehicle costing more than €50,000.
  • Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) is fixed at 7% of purchase price. By comparison a 911 is 41% and that is calculated on top of sales tax of 23% – meaning tax on an EV totals only 30% of vehicle cost where as a 911 is 64%.
  • Annual Road Tax is fixed at €120/year. A 911 would be €2,400/year by comparison.
  • A 50% (peak) or 75% (off-peak) discount on toll roads and bridges.

OP
OP
SwissTaycan

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Ouch @tigerbalm that is pretty painful taxation!!!! The VRT and annual road tax (for a 911) is horrific! I think France is also pretty harsh on luxury cars!
Sponsored