First Name
Emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dear all,

Put an order 4 months ago with the local distributor with an initial deposit of 100k TRY. It supposed to be a february production and may delivery. A volcano grey 4s+. Since than ı am reading every post and detail from the forum.
Last night with an order from the precidency office in Turkey the taxes on taycan (on al EV’s) went from %15 to %60. An ordinary 4s+ with that adjustment became 325.000 euros.
With that adjustment ı am no longer adequate to buy such a car. My first and last message to the forum.... love u all. For having such joyfull nights reading and dreaming..
Sponsored

Last edited:

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Dear all,

Put an order 4 months ago with the local distributor. It supposed to be a february production and may delivery. A volcano grey 4s+. Since than ı am reading every post and detail from the forum.
Last night with an order from the precidency office in Turkey the taxes on taycan (on al EV’s) went from %15 to %60. An ordinary 4s+ with that adjustment became 325.000 euros.
With that adjustment ı am no longer adequate to buy such a car. My first and last message to the forum.... love u all. For having such joyfull nights reading and dreaming..
Is this for new vehicles or same taxes for slightly used vehicles also?

OP
OP

EKE

First Name
Emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is this for new vehicles or same taxes for slightly used vehicles also?
Slightly used ones jumped in price too hence the underlying asset is the new one. You pay that special tax while purchasing a new one and that is the benchmark for the whole market.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your cancellation due to the newly imposed EV tax. I can't even imagine having to wait four months on an order only to have it slip away. Hoping conditions may change for you, affording another opportunity at owning a Taycan.

OP
OP

EKE

First Name
Emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your cancellation due to the newly imposed EV tax. I can't even imagine having to wait four months on an order only to have it slip away. Hoping conditions may change for you, affording another opportunity at owning a Taycan.
Thx alot ?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about the Turkish tax system. But it seems completely unreasonable to apply such a massive jump in taxation without "rolling it in" with reasonable notice. I can only imagine your frustrations at this situation.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Dear all,

Put an order 4 months ago with the local distributor with an initial deposit of 100k TRY. It supposed to be a february production and may delivery. A volcano grey 4s+. Since than ı am reading every post and detail from the forum.
Is the tax hike only for EV? (petrol companies lobby??)

OP
OP

EKE

First Name
Emre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is the tax hike only for EV? (petrol companies lobby??)
ICE vehicles had even more tax ratios up to %220. More the cc more the tax. EV’s had an edge. Wiped off.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Seems short-sighted if the Turkish government want to push people away from ICE vehicles to EVs but I can’t say I’m surprised. Coronavirus expenses the world over are going to have to to be repaid somehow and taxes are going out have to rise for all of us to do it. This is just the thin end of the wedge I suspect.
That’s partly the reason I bought my Taycan when I did. I can’t see the tax incentives I took advantage of staying around much longer, the government just won’t be able to afford it.

cons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
yep, i have to pay €100k extra for my already ordered turbo s. 10 out of 10 country. i love it.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Emre, those are bad news indeed! If you ever come to Munich, let me know, and we take the T4S here for a spin :)!
Sponsored