daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
As to the 2022 configurator that launched today for Taycan in the Technology Package would the Active parking Support be same as the stand alone Remote ParAssist (As the remote park assist lists few new additions). If one does choose the standalone Remote ParkAssist the configurator does not let one choose the Technology Package and the HUD and Passenger Display are added separately?
Sponsored

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I want to know this also. If anyone knows pleas inform us.
Below quoted by my SA. I went ahead and chose Remote Park Assist and other options individually.

Does Active Parking Support includes Remote Park Assist option?

• No. Vise versa. The Remote Park Assist included Active Parking Support.
On the configurator choosing remote park assist removes the technology package.

• You must select options individually in Tech Pkg once Remote Park is selected.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Below quoted by my SA. I went ahead and chose Remote Park Assist and other options individually.

• You must select options individually in Tech Pkg once Remote Park is selected.
Thanks!
That is good to know as could not get a clear answer from the SA here. As I wanted the remote parking assist and also the HUD so I guess I have to choose the remote parking assist package and then choose individual items on the technology package as my freeze is in 4 days and want to get this right. Wonder why they did not just include it in the technology package,

taycanfans21

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne E Hybrid Coupe
Country flag

Thank you! that clears up a lot.

taycanfans21

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have just learned today the remote park assist is now a part of technology package

IMHO, it makes the tech package a good value for the money

Porsche Taycan Taycan 2022 Configurator Question Remote Park Assist Screenshot 2021-08-07 100049

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have just learned today the remote park assist is now a part of technology package

Screenshot 2021-08-07 100049.jpg
Oh wow! thanks for pointing out as it does show that now, wonder if it will include all the stuff that remote park assist has if done as part of the technology package.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

I had Remote Park Assist and ACC ticked. I was not enthusiastic about HUD and Passenger Display but for $700 more, why not. Great find!

I'll need to confirm with my SA that "Active Parking Support" is the same as "Remote Park Assist". It seems to be the case since RPA is automatically removed when selecting the Technology Package. Likely a name change that hasn't made it across the board.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 2022 Configurator Question Remote Park Assist 1628418962516

taycanfans21

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh wow! thanks for pointing out as it does show that now, wonder if it will include all the stuff that remote park assist has if done as part of the technology package.
My SA has not confirmed this. I think all the features that comes with remote park assist will be included in the tech package otherwise Porsche will not bother to change the name on the configuration. Curiously, when adding the spec on Turbo build, the tech package is still showing it as "active parking support". Perhaps Porsche has not made up their mind about it? LOL

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Screenshot 2021-08-07 100049.jpg
This is weird - I reloaded the Configurator and I do not have Remote Park Assist under the Tech Pkg.?

Active Parking Support is under the Tech Pkg. but that feature is only one of 6 separate features that come under Remote ParkAssist which is still listed separately.

Do you still have ParkAssist listed under Tech - wondering if that was a glitch?

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is weird - I reloaded the Configurator and I do not have Remote Park Assist under the Tech Pkg.?

Active Parking Support is under the Tech Pkg. but that feature is only one of 6 separate features that come under Remote ParkAssist which is still listed separately.

Do you still have ParkAssist listed under Tech - wondering if that was a glitch?
I see the Remote Park Assist in the the tecnology pack now. Went to my Dealor yesterday and changed from a la carte to technology package as they could see the remote park assist also and that was $3000 less then trying to add the feature separately which included Tech Package with Inno drive as my freeze date has kicked in, hope now the tech package does include all the features of the remote park assist.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see the Remote Park Assist in the the tecnology pack now. Went to my Dealor yesterday and changed from a la carte to technology package as they could see the remote park assist also and that was $3000 less then trying to add the feature separately which included Tech Package with Inno drive as my freeze date has kicked in, hope now the tech package does include all the features of the remote park assist.
I realize you are saying this but I am logged in to this thing real time and I see no Remote ParkAssist listed under the Tech Pkg. - am I doing something wrong here or are you somehow accessing a different configurator (I am using the std US configurator)?

Attached images are from my build - I did a complete re-load and even created a new saved configuration and it consistently shows the Tech Pkg to incl. only the Active Parking Support and not the Remote ParkingAssist.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 2022 Configurator Question Remote Park Assist tech pkg 1

Porsche Taycan Taycan 2022 Configurator Question Remote Park Assist tech pkg 2

Last edited:

taycanfans21

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I am still seeing it as Remote ParkAssist on the tech package on my 4S as of today . Are you building a different model variant?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am still seeing it as Remote ParkAssist on the tech package on my 4S as of today . Are you building a different model variant?
Nope - CT 4S - can you share a screen grab of what you are seeing? Or are you building a Sedan - could that be the difference?

PS: this brand new thread started just a while ago also seeing the ParkAssist as a $1,610 add on i.e. not included with Tech Pkg as upgrade of Premium. I wonder if it might be to do with selecting the Tech pkg without selecting the Premium?
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...e-upgrade-over-surround-view.5908/#post-82289

Last edited:

taycanfans21

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope - CT 4S - can you share a screen grab of what you are seeing? Or are you building a Sedan - could that be the difference?

PS: this brand new thread started just a while ago also seeing the ParkAssist as a $1,610 add on i.e. not included with Tech Pkg as upgrade of Premium. I wonder if it might be to do with selecting the Tech pkg without selecting the Premium?
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...e-upgrade-over-surround-view.5908/#post-82289
Here is my build code

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZM7IH0

It is a 4S variant of Taycan. The car is due to arrive in 96 days.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 2022 Configurator Question Remote Park Assist Screenshot 2021-08-08 095058
Sponsored