Taycan 4 Cross Turismo goes automatically from drive into neutral at a traffic stop

Kannan

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Today (6/22/22), I was at a red light in my 2022 Cross Turismo (2 weeks old car with ~ 200 miles) fully stopped in Drive mode. After a minute, the signal turned Green and the car wouldn’t move. I pressed the accelerator a couple of times without knowing what was going on. Finally I noticed that the vehicle went into Neutral position automatically. I put it back in Drive and drove off.

I am scared to take the car to the road, as I am not sure it will happen when I am driving. I called the Porsche Dealer and was surprised to note that Porsche does not have any software update to fix the issue, as of now. Service Manager's reply -->Taycan can change automatically to N or P when the vehicle is at < 3 mph or stopped in D mode.

So the Car is like a Toy sitting in the Garage!
Sponsored

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
There's absolutely a fix for this in the form of updated internal charger software (yes, that is the cause). It's bulletin #2209. Call your dealer back and make them apply the update.

In any case I wouldn't worry too much. It only happens at extremely low speeds / when stopped. It's obviously not great, but there is a fix and it's unlikely to be anything worse than just annoying when it does happen.

OP
OP
Kannan

Kannan

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
There's absolutely a fix for this in the form of updated internal charger software (yes, that is the cause). It's bulletin #2209. Call your dealer back and make them apply the update.

In any case I wouldn't worry too much. It only happens at extremely low speeds / when stopped. It's obviously not great, but there is a fix and it's unlikely to be anything worse than just annoying when it does happen.
Thanks Ambroos.
Sponsored