Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag

Taycan smokes the tesla, mercedes and audi EV’s.
Sponsored

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I always watch these videos but let’s be fair the only even race here was between the Taycan and the Audi e-tron. The EQS they used was the single motor lower powered version and the Tesla was not the performance version.

What will be interesting to see is the new BMW i4 M50 vs the Taycan 4S. Cost wise the Taycan is around 15K more expensive. According to the stats though 0-100 km for the BMW is 3.9 seconds vs 4 seconds on the Taycan.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Poor comparison because it's the old Model S and not the new Plaid. The Plaid smokes currently everything despite the new Rimac Nevera (which is "slightly" more expensive).

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
Poor comparison because it's the old Model S and not the new Plaid. The Plaid smokes currently everything despite the new Rimac Nevera (which is "slightly" more expensive).
Have they even delivered a plaid yet?

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Have they even delivered a plaid yet?
Yes, they have. There are tons of YouTube video where customers show their Plaids and race against super- and hypercars on the dragstrip. Just search "Plaid" on YT

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Yes, not a very scientifically controlled test.

But still glad to see Richard's Taycan (in that cool livery) do extremely well.

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
The Mercedes was a single motor version too. Not really a “fair” comparison between vehicles in terms of similarities. Anyway, great to see EV’s improving and more competition can only mean better EV vehicles for consumers.

Reactions: B61

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
They already raced the P100D vs the TTS. This was a random race between non-topoftheline models. “The plaid would smoke them all” yes yes we get it. Again, this was a “lower tier” race and to me it’s interesting to see how these compare. I agree that the EQS could’ve needed one more motor.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Plaid model costs about $20k more than the Taycan 4S, so that's not a fair comparison either.

But you're right, Plaid would smoke everything—including the Turbo S.

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Interesting video.
There are any number of drag race videos about but this showed brake distance too.
Personally I have never done a drag race in my life with any performance car I have owned, UK roads don't have many opportunities, but they all show EVs are plenty quick enough IMO.
OTOH if I need to do an emergency stop to avoid an accident the braking test was interesting. The low rolling resistance narrow tyres on the Tesla may give great range but I have always been concerned by their braking distance ability, now I have seen evidence :(
The tyre is the most important part of a car IME ( I worked in racing for 35 years) and whilst choosing low rolling resistance and/or long mileage tyres looks superficially attractive I for one won't be doing it.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
But you're right, Plaid would smoke everything—including the Turbo S.
It's not all about 0-60 & 1/4 times. I'll Porsche quality and overall experience any day over Tesla.