dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Sure, the wait can be exciting... but I really want to get my 4S before all you losers. :eek::cool::p
Really though, I may not personally know anyone in the forum but it's fun to read and watch each of us share their joy. :like::champagne:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I wonder if it has to do with the virus issues in China and maybe a slow down of getting parts from China. I have no idea if they source much from China, but it doesn't even have to be something major like the batteries, if they are having trouble getting something as basic as door latches (just an example) it would also cause delays.
Hmm... curious, very possible..
Old article, but could be related
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...with-china-s-catl-over-electric-car-batteries

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hmm... curious, very possible..
Old article, but could be related
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...with-china-s-catl-over-electric-car-batteries
It’s quite possible. In the span of a week my 4S order got pushed back a month, with a new date of 6/25. Dealer said timelines on all new products always shift around, but some of the parts have to be sourced from China and it‘s infeasible that the coronavirus won’t impact businesses. Porsche has suppliers in China, just like everyone else, and has to be feeling an impact as they must use just-in-time inventory management like other manufacturers. I wonder if orders for other Porsche models are impacted?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just heard from dealer, got pushed back another week to May 22nd (original date was April 15th), so I am relieved it was only another one week delay vs. something worse....of course, that may change again next week.

4S, with black trim

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It’s quite possible. In the span of a week my 4S order got pushed back a month, with a new date of 6/25. Dealer said timelines on all new products always shift around, but some of the parts have to be sourced from China and it‘s infeasible that the coronavirus won’t impact businesses. Porsche has suppliers in China, just like everyone else, and has to be feeling an impact as they must use just-in-time inventory management like other manufacturers. I wonder if orders for other Porsche models are impacted?
It is hard to say. Most manufacturers really struggle, because workers from affected provinces cannot come back to work. Even far away villages are blocked and people are not allowed to just travel back to work. We also don't know details about the supply chain of Prosche in China. At the moment it is a sad mess over there.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
92A903B3-0C62-4D03-9AC7-F92F235F29E6.png

I’m so happy my Turbo it on it’s way från the factory ETA 2-4 weeks to delivery..
That’s great!!
I heard that there are lots of reservation holders in Sweden that have gotten cold feet..... my brother lives in Stockholm and visited his local dealer last week. He can have a June allotment for a Turbo...... he is an old client but had never looked at or discussed the Taycan until last week....

my dealer here in Switzerland does not even dare to call Porsche Switzerland andask about mine unt that have their dealer car in stock...... so I literally still know absolutely nothing! :-(

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Does anyone know what this all means? I think it's going into production Friday, but is this fixed? Is the build fixed? View attachment 3400
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s April delivery IMG_0241 (2020-02-10T21_50_04.000) (2020-02-10T21_57_30.923)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know what this all means? I think it's going into production Friday, but is this fixed? Is the build fixed? View attachment 3400
No. The only thing this tells you that it plans to be fixed a week from Friday and planned to start production then.

Ask your dealer for a screen shot of the other screen - the one that shows the "freeze date". (it has your name, sales person name, etc - so don't post that, just give the freeze date and v code)

fe007

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, iPace, BMW 428i
Country flag
"Actual Date" is the only real date. This means it has happened. To my knowledge, "Plan Date" is the date that was set when the order is first accepted. This is what they hoped would happen. "Expect Date" is the planned date as of today. These have been changing A LOT. If they stick to these dates your car will be locked down and in production on Feb 21. Though, this doesn't make a lot of sense because the fix date is generally well before entering production.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
"Actual Date" is the only real date. This means it has happened. To my knowledge, "Plan Date" is the date that was set when the order is first accepted. This is what they hoped would happen. "Expect Date" is the planned date as of today. These have been changing A LOT. If they stick to these dates your car will be locked down and in production on Feb 21. Though, this doesn't make a lot of sense because the fix date is generally well before entering production.
Yes nothing has happenings yeat on you will know 21 of february it you get dates in the last row.. like mine in the picture.. my car was in prouction for a month..

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s April delivery 3523AF35-ABCC-4AE9-8DE5-4A74F9954DF2

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes nothing has happenings yeat on you will know 21 of february it you get dates in the last row.. like mine in the picture.. my car was in prouction for a month..

3523AF35-ABCC-4AE9-8DE5-4A74F9954DF2.png
Thank you everyone. I guess I'll have to wait another 1.5 weeks to see how long I'll be waiting. :)

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here are the Taycan figures produced for US (PCNA) and Canada (PCL) as of February 11, based on buildsheet numbers:

Taycan Turbo S: 258
Taycan Turbo: 239
Taycan 4S: 11

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
wow, great to hear! Thanks for sharing.

I recommend deleting the VIN number, or at least a bunch of digits

also, did they previously give you dates that were even later than this? or was what you posted always the schedule?
Sponsored

Last edited: