Taycan 4s April delivery

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Picking it up on the 22nd, couldn't get a flight out, can't wait, thanks for asking, are you loving yours?
The car is awesome. I make up any excuse to drive it. There is much to learn. Even things like programming favorite songs is different from my other Porsches. I will probably drive down to Georgia over Memorial Day weekend. I have been using the free EV charging that is available in the town I'm staying in Connecticut and an EVgo DC charger when I'm in a hurry (unfortunately no Electrify America chargers nearby). The Porsche Connect app on my Android phone crashes often. I've set up accounts with the Chargepoint, EVgo and Electrify America. Be sure to download the Charging NA app to take advantage of the Electrify America free sessions. I'm bringing the car up to the dealer in the morning to fix a trim piece. I haven't had any other issues. One great thing about Mamba Green is that it hides the tree pollen very well. If you are a golfer, a set of clubs fits easily in the truck without removing any clubs or folding down the rear seats. A push cart fits as well. Weathertech finally has custom all season rubber mats available for the interior and the frunk. When the rear cargo mat is available, I'll order the full set instead of the Porsche all weather mats. Insurance is cheaper than my 2019 Maserati Levante SUV. The Taycan is about $1400 a year with Amica before the 20% dividend I will get back each year. The car gets lots of looks. Porsche owners are the ones who know that it isn't a Panamera. Others think it is a new model Panamera until they take a closer look, or they hear the exterior space sound (I don't have the interior sport sound and don't miss it).

Thankfully for you the 22nd isn't too far away.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
The car is awesome. I make up any excuse to drive it. There is much to learn. Even things like programming favorite songs is different from my other Porsches. I will probably drive down to Georgia over Memorial Day weekend. I have been using the free EV charging that is available in the town I'm staying in Connecticut and an EVgo DC charger when I'm in a hurry (unfortunately no Electrify America chargers nearby). The Porsche Connect app on my Android phone crashes often. I've set up accounts with the Chargepoint, EVgo and Electrify America. Be sure to download the Charging NA app to take advantage of the Electrify America free sessions. I'm bringing the car up to the dealer in the morning to fix a trim piece. I haven't had any other issues. One great thing about Mamba Green is that it hides the tree pollen very well. If you are a golfer, a set of clubs fits easily in the truck without removing any clubs or folding down the rear seats. A push cart fits as well. Weathertech finally has custom all season rubber mats available for the interior and the frunk. When the rear cargo mat is available, I'll order the full set instead of the Porsche all weather mats. Insurance is cheaper than my 2019 Maserati Levante SUV. The Taycan is about $1400 a year with Amica before the 20% dividend I will get back each year. The car gets lots of looks. Porsche owners are the ones who know that it isn't a Panamera. Others think it is a new model Panamera until they take a closer look, or they hear the exterior space sound (I don't have the interior sport sound and don't miss it).

Thankfully for you the 22nd isn't too far away.
Your post made my day, love your mamba monster btw. Yeah, didn't realize you were still up east, going to navigate my way back from New Jersey to KY, might go up to Maine first. Got nationwide insurance, think it was the first taycan they had heard of, don't even have a rate yet, ha ha. Got 4.99 for 84 mos from Porsche, :). Yeah not many EA chargers in Vermont or that area. Got any camping or scenic areas where your at? New Hampshire looks really pretty and might be good camping. I got the app and my charging card should be in the mail soon. What are you using to wax your green machine, with that color doesn't need much to make it shine. I wa s hoping mine was an earlier car, was told it was number 2, but the VIN has 107 on the end, sure we have some of the first production 4s, to come to the US. Been a journey, and I have enjoyed researching and dreaming for all this time. 2020 will be a year that will be remembered for all long time, including when the first electric Porsche was born.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Your post made my day, love your mamba monster btw. Yeah, didn't realize you were still up east, going to navigate my way back from New Jersey to KY, might go up to Maine first. Got nationwide insurance, think it was the first taycan they had heard of, don't even have a rate yet, ha ha. Got 4.99 for 84 mos from Porsche, :). Yeah not many EA chargers in Vermont or that area. Got any camping or scenic areas where your at? New Hampshire looks really pretty and might be good camping. I got the app and my charging card should be in the mail soon. What are you using to wax your green machine, with that color doesn't need much to make it shine. I wa s hoping mine was an earlier car, was told it was number 2, but the VIN has 107 on the end, sure we have some of the first production 4s, to come to the US. Been a journey, and I have enjoyed researching and dreaming for all this time. 2020 will be a year that will be remembered for all long time, including when the first electric Porsche was born.
The Mamba Green has a ton of metallic flake. I hand washed the car twice so far. It takes about an hour with the snow foam cannon, microfiber mitts, and my Spotless water filter system to remove all the minerals from the final rinse. The Mission E rims and the Porsche Surface Coated Brakes have made the tires and rims almost maintenance free. The dealer washed the car this morning when it was in for service, but it is raining at the moment. When you get your car you will see that there is a Taycan hotspot. Your devices will be able to connect with the password or QR code. However, the hotspot does not connect to the Internet. I called PCNA and was told the feature was not yet enabled for the Taycan but it will be pushed out as part of an update in the future. You don't need the car connected to the internet to take advantage of the various Porsche Connect features. It is things like this that are not well communicated and will require phone calls to PCNA or questions on the forums.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Mercedes E500 4Matic Wagon
Country flag
Taycan 4S available @ now. New, unpunched, White over Black with heavy equipment list. If anyone is interested, happy to connect.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
The Mamba Green has a ton of metallic flake. I hand washed the car twice so far. It takes about an hour with the snow foam cannon, microfiber mitts, and my Spotless water filter system to remove all the minerals from the final rinse. The Mission E rims and the Porsche Surface Coated Brakes have made the tires and rims almost maintenance free. The dealer washed the car this morning when it was in for service, but it is raining at the moment. When you get your car you will see that there is a Taycan hotspot. Your devices will be able to connect with the password or QR code. However, the hotspot does not connect to the Internet. I called PCNA and was told the feature was not yet enabled for the Taycan but it will be pushed out as part of an update in the future. You don't need the car connected to the internet to take advantage of the various Porsche Connect features. It is things like this that are not well communicated and will require phone calls to PCNA or questions on the forums.
Thank for the info, good to know. I have tried to read a lot, have you looked into the FOD (Function on Demand) I got an email of a few features you can order online, comfort access and power steering plus, be cool to order massage seats for a weekend

dtm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank for the info, good to know. I have tried to read a lot, have you looked into the FOD (Function on Demand) I got an email of a few features you can order online, comfort access and power steering plus, be cool to order massage seats for a weekend
Could you please share whatever features are available for ordering online?

dtm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Could you please share whatever features are available for ordering online?

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It was in an email from Porsche when I got my car, I didn't see prices
Did your vehicle come with Comfort Access? I always thought that was standard in the US. At least it was standard in my original build sheet...but so was wireless CarPlay.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Got an update today, car is finally in production V260. Will be at dealer 8/21/20 only 4 months late ;-)

Last edited: