First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Just joined and pleasantly surprised to find out the wealth of information on this forum.

Update: I have decided to go for GTS after some thought and suggestions on this form.

The build code for GTS is as follows:

PN59U823

Would be great to hear feedback on this build. Txs!

The below isn't application anymore:
Had been kicking tires, experimenting with options and called a few dealers. One of the dealers gave me an option to lock in an early allocation via the first deposit. The car is going in production very soon and the deader has given me around a week from now to finalize all the options. Ie there will be no second deposit, the first deposit secures the deal and the car will be ready for pickup in the next three to four months.

Want to get feedback for the build. Am I missing something here?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN78MHJ6

Would greatly appreciate any comments. Was hoping to think through some of the options over the next few weeks, but given the situation I need to finalize soon.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
That's a nice build! I haven't received my GTS yet but I was told the power steering plus is a necessity, rear wheel steering is up in the air, some will say you need it others that you don't but the power steering plus is must (at least from my research). Also, the mobile charger and 7.5m cable :)

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Cool spec. You have added many of the nice options ??

I agree on the Power steering plus - I makes a huge difference at low speed cornering. I also have Rear axel steering which I also can recommend.

Besides that I would add the SportDesign Sideskirts. It makes the car look lower and aggressive. Also consider the Power chart port cover - a cool feature. Last but not least - the sport sound. I use it all the time (besides on highways) - it adds a lot to the driving experience.

My 2 cents.

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
PSP is must. Sport Sound too (you can switch it off if it’s not to your taste) but retrofitting it will be costly and can add to the resale value.

OP
OP

LakesideB

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
Thanks so much for the suggestions. Will definitely be looking at these options carefully.

The other thought that came to mind was that with this much upgraded options, I may as well jump to GTS.

The similarly specked GTS is around $13K (C$) more expensive.

Basically $149,500 for 4S (with $28K of equipment upgrades) vs $163K for GTS ( $11K for equipment).

The GTS build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNUPN9A2

Does it not make sense to jump to GTS given the difference isn't a massive amount and the value retention at time to resale will be better? The GTS however would be a bit of wait, likely a summer time delivery, which I am okay to wait.

All the thoughts going through my brain ..... would love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Would recommend bumping up to a GTS build, although it could get more expansive from that point on (by adding premium package etc.)

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
...Does it not make sense to jump to GTS given the difference isn't a massive amount and the value retention at time to resale will be better? The GTS however would be a bit of wait, likely a summer time delivery, which I am okay to wait.

All the thoughts going through my brain ..... would love to hear your thoughts.
I would absolutely jump to the GTS. I'm guessing that most or all of that price difference will be made up in higher resale vs. the 4S. You loaded your 4S build much like I did, but mine was locked prior to the GTS being announced. (In fact, mine just arrived at the dealer!) I'm sure I'll love the 4S, but damn! I wish I'd known the GTS was coming - I would have postponed my order slightly...

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
If you are ok to wait, and the price is within your budget, then it all boils down to personal preference, go with what makes you happy.

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Your interior red leather and your red accents wont match. My recommendation is to remove that accent option

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
I would add ‘Wheel Center Caps with Coloured Porsche Crest’ under wheel accessories. It is only CA$220 and makes a big difference IMO

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
If this is going to be a daily driver I am not sure you will need anything the GTS gives you (other than potential resale value). I built and rebuilt so many GTS and 4S versions so many times and the difference in price was not worth it for what I am going to use my car for. I added a lot of options to my build like you did but found it hard to justify spending even more. Ultimately, I bought it for what I want now vs resale value and that made the decision for me. Actually, once I made that decision I also reduced the cost even more by going back to 20” wheels. They will be more comfortable and provide better range. And they look great (just not as great).

So, it depends on a few factors that personal choices IMO
* Do you want to pay a premium for the badge (GTS is just cooler)
* Do you want to add potentiallay better resale value?
* Do you want the performance increase the GTS give you (will you notice/use them)?

I believe the GTS will have better range. Not sure if that has to do with the more advanced motor or if it just that they have improved the software and 4S will see better range soon too. It may be a bit of both.

OP
OP

LakesideB

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
Your interior red leather and your red accents wont match. My recommendation is to remove that accent option
I am confused. On the build page for 4S, I don't see any red accent so not sure which options you are referring to. I have selected the two tone black/red interior but not sure if there was an option to select an accent. Would you be able to elaborate? Thanks

OP
OP

LakesideB

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I would add ‘Wheel Center Caps with Coloured Porsche Crest’ under wheel accessories. It is only CA$220 and makes a big difference IMO
Great call to add it in for 4S. I think the GTS comes with coloured crest as standard.

OP
OP

LakesideB

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
If this is going to be a daily driver I am not sure you will need anything the GTS gives you (other than potential resale value). I built and rebuilt so many GTS and 4S versions so many times and the difference in price was not worth it for what I am going to use my car for. I added a lot of options to my build like you did but found it hard to justify spending even more. Ultimately, I bought it for what I want now vs resale value and that made the decision for me. Actually, once I made that decision I also reduced the cost even more by going back to 20” wheels. They will be more comfortable and provide better range. And they look great (just not as great).

So, it depends on a few factors that personal choices IMO
* Do you want to pay a premium for the badge (GTS is just cooler)
* Do you want to add potentiallay better resale value?
* Do you want the performance increase the GTS give you (will you notice/use them)?

I believe the GTS will have better range. Not sure if that has to do with the more advanced motor or if it just that they have improved the software and 4S will see better range soon too. It may be a bit of both.
Great points all around by you as well as SeattleYates and zzy45.

I suppose another way to look at it is to think about the $13K difference. This difference likely gets reduced to half considering the resale lift, so maybe $7K. This amortized over 4 to 5 years of ownership is around $1.5K premium for GTS on a yearly basis. Given what one gains, that added yearly premium is quite reasonable perhaps?

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great spec. I think perhaps the post on the accents might have been referring to the red brake calipers and the red leather interior? With the interior you can have the clock with a red highlight which matches the red leather - looks really nice. Personally I would likely stick with 4S but have black brake calipers with the colours you have chosen.
Sponsored