Taycan 4S CT - Taking delivery November. Keep or sell?

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted for a while.

After a year of waiting, my Taycan 4S CT is finally available for me to take delivery next week. I am obviously excited about finally getting my hands on the car but the pragmatist in me is looking at resale values and wondering whether I should move it on sooner rather than later?

Second-hand prices seem to be holding up okay but don't look quite as buoyant as they did a few months ago (not surprising in this economic climate I suppose).

What are other people's thoughts on Taycan Cross Tursimo values and is anyone else looking at selling while resale values are still commanding a premium? Any thoughts are welcome really.

For context, I also have Tyacan GTS ST on reserve but there is no word on when that might reach order stage while I was also going to have a peek at the Lotus Eletre in few weeks but, again, probably looking another year away if I put some money down on one of them.

Here's my spec:

White
Partial Leather Interior, Black
Comfort seats (14-way, electric) with memory package
4+1 Seats
Roof Rails in Black Aluminium
Electric folding Exterior Mirrors
Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
Model Designation on Doors Red
Model Designation painted in Black (high-gloss)
Inlays painted in Black (high-gloss)
Preparation for rear bike carrier
Sport Chrono Package including Compass Display on Dashboard
Power Steering Plus
20-Inch Taycan Turbo S Aero Design Wheels
Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
Panoramic Roof, fixed
Privacy Glass
ParkAssist including Surround View
Adaptive Cruise Control
Ambient Lighting
Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior)
Seat Belts Bordeaux Red
Loadspace Partition Net
Door Sill Guards brushed Aluminium in Black
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Electric Charging Cover
150kW on-board DC-DC converter

Price with options was £101,828 as I managed to finalise the order before the price hike. Happy to hear a critique of my spec but obviously nothing is changing now so any mistakes are moot. After months of agonising in the configurator, I thought I managed to squeeze out a reasonable list of options for the money without blowing my budget.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S CT - Taking delivery November. Keep or sell? 4S CT (White)
Sponsored

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Wow! you are already worried about selling it for a high price before you even receive it? You said you purchased it before the price hike so you are already ahead of the game. Why not enjoy the car you have been waiting a year to receive? For me it's all about enjoying the experience of owning and driving a Taycan. I think it is all relative. You can sell your car at a higher price but at the same time you will likely pay a higher price for the car you replace it with or you will get less for your car and will likely pay less for a replacement car. Life is too short, enjoy your Taycan and worry about resale values later when you are ready to purchase something new.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If you don't need the car then no point owning it at this time.

The spec is fine but the only thing I miss / substitute would be extended leather and Rear Axle Steering.

A few cosmetic things I wouldn't have chosen not have and many people might prefer a metallic colour.

Given the lead times I think all of this is immaterial and someone / dealer would snap this up.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I am obviously excited about finally getting my hands on the car but the pragmatist in me is looking at resale values and wondering whether I should move it on sooner rather than later?

Second-hand prices seem to be holding up okay but don't look quite as buoyant as they did a few months ago (not surprising in this economic climate I suppose).

What are other people's thoughts on Taycan Cross Tursimo values and is anyone else looking at selling while resale values are still commanding a premium? Any thoughts are welcome really.
The dealer might sell it for a premium, but will they offer you enough (if any) of one to compensate for you not experiencing the excitement of having the car?

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wow! you are already worried about selling it for a high price before you even receive it? You said you purchased it before the price hike so you are already ahead of the game. Why not enjoy the car you have been waiting a year to receive? For me it's all about enjoying the experience of owning and driving a Taycan. I think it is all relative. You can sell your car at a higher price but at the same time you will likely pay a higher price for the car you replace it with or you will get less for your car and will likely pay less for a replacement car. Life is too short, enjoy your Taycan and worry about resale values later when you are ready to purchase something new.
My intention was to always have the car and enjoy it. It’s just a question of whether to sell sooner while resales are still good or keep it until the next thing comes along. I don’t tend to own cars for more than a couple of years. My heart says keep the car my head says cash out and put it towards the GTS when my slot arrives!

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
If you don't need the car then no point owning it at this time.

The spec is fine but the only thing I miss / substitute would be extended leather and Rear Axle Steering.

A few cosmetic things I wouldn't have chosen not have and many people might prefer a metallic colour.

Given the lead times I think all of this is immaterial and someone / dealer would snap this up.
Spec of a Porsche is so subjective especially with so many (often costly) options isn’t it? I was going to go with an all black spec originally but one of the test cars I drove at the Porsche Centre was white with black inserts and I just thought it really popped and I like a dash of red on sports cars especially with the red callipers.

I tried to stay at £100k and still went over and one of the big decisions was the adaptive cruise vs the rear axle steering. If it was the same choice on the GTS I would have probably gone the other way with the GTS being more performance focused but thought on the CT the ACC was a better choice so just stuck with Power Steering Plus for slow speed manoeuvrability.

The more I think about the car the less inclined I am to sell it after enjoying it for a bit!

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
Own it for a while - enjoy and don't let resale rule the roost - the GTS will be ages anyhow

I just sold my Nov 21 CT4 and have it's replacement CT4 arriving in 3 weeks - I really miss it and it's only been gone 3 weeks - they're great cars and resale values will be good for sometime to come as waiting lists are still very long................ buy it

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My intention was to always have the car and enjoy it. It’s just a question of whether to sell sooner while resales are still good or keep it until the next thing comes along. I don’t tend to own cars for more than a couple of years. My heart says keep the car my head says cash out and put it towards the GTS when my slot arrives!
Always easier for someone else to say but, go with your heart. The GTS will arrive before you get the itch to change and you will have had a superb car in the meantime to allow you to make an informed call on your future purchase.

Who knows what will have happened by the time you take delivery of the GTS? I'm taking delivery of mine and I'm going to enjoy it, regardless of resale predictions. Others will have their own opinions and recommendations but, it's all a bit crappy out there at the moment so why not enjoy yourself?

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like a flipper. Take the money and go. You still have a call on a future delivery and if it stops working you can walk. The current confluence of events lets you get away with this.

If you want a great car to drive in the here and now, take delivery.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Similar boat, people keep telling me im mad given the current financial crisis but after test driving again this weekend I can’t wait to get it. Mine is supposed to be at the dealer on the 11th November.
My order was in before the price hike with apr at 6.9% not fantastic but better than current rates! Your Gts could be on a higher rate if using finance, thats another thing to consider.

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Similar boat, people keep telling me im mad given the current financial crisis but after test driving again this weekend I can’t wait to get it. Mine is supposed to be at the dealer on the 11th November.
My order was in before the price hike with apr at 6.9% not fantastic but better than current rates! Your Gts could be on a higher rate if using finance, thats another thing to consider.
My wife is not enthusiastic. She loves our Tesla Model 3 and wants a Model Y to replace it but the Porsche is coming and there no stopping it now. The Model Y just reminds me of a mini MPV and of course it’s not in the same league as a Taycan. The two aren’t comparable really.

All things being equal, I’d keep the Taycan longer term but it’s only car I know a few people who buy performance cars regularly (Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren Merc AMG’s) and they seldom keep them for emotional reasons sell them once they’ve had their fun or if the price is right to sell. I think that’s a sensible approach.

I suppose one of the things I was most interested in hearing was what people think is happening with second hand values but reading other comments people seem to think waiting lists and demand will keep the buoyant for while yet so I’ll probably see how I feel in March or April and go from there.

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Same here, my missus isn’t keen says it’s too big! I wonder if Porsche will continue with slow rollouts to keep values high? I generally only keep new cars two years then im on to the next thing!
Sponsored