Taycan 4S CT - Taking delivery November. Keep or sell?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My intention was to always have the car and enjoy it. It’s just a question of whether to sell sooner while resales are still good or keep it until the next thing comes along. I don’t tend to own cars for more than a couple of years. My heart says keep the car my head says cash out and put it towards the GTS when my slot arrives!
How are you going to enjoy, if you are going to sell it?
As i can see, you don’t have problems with cash(flow), so what sre you going to so with all that money?
Swimming on it, waiting for GTS?
enjoy in your car, when/if GTS arrives, you can sell one of them…

edit.
You mentioned Y.
Few days ago, I was a passenger in Y.
Boring interior, haven’t found any single reason why i’d want it at all.
Sponsored

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
She loves our Tesla Model 3 and wants a Model Y to replace it but the Porsche is coming and there no stopping it now. The Model Y just reminds me of a mini MPV and of course it’s not in the same league as a Taycan. The two aren’t comparable really.
I have both a Taycan and a model Y.
The model Y is fine for runs to the home improvement store.
The Taycan is great as a daily driver.
But, as you say, the two aren't comparable. They are completely different cars.
If you want a fun sports car, the Taycan is (in my opinion) the only EV choice right now (I don't consider the Tesla S a sports car, and the BMW i8 is too small).
If you're looking for a smallish SUV, then the Y will do just fine. But there are many more choices today in the SUV EV space than there were when I bought my Y. Today, I probably would not buy another Y. It is simply not worth the money Tesla is asking for it. I have no major complaints, but it is not worth the money.

Last edited:

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
My wife is not enthusiastic. She loves our Tesla Model 3 and wants a Model Y to replace
there's quite an entertaining review which dropped on Carwow where they tried to find James Haskell a new EV.. needless to say, when the Taycan came out it was game over 😂

an entertaining watch I thought

Keysersoze

First Name
Keyser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - 992 GTS on order
Country flag
BMW 😩😩😩
A car for radio 😳

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
My view is that if you’re asking this kind of question, then you are not really all that into the car. Sell it and move on. Not sure that you will make enough $ to make it interesting but better to get rid of it sooner than later…

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I suppose one of the things I was most interested in hearing was what people think is happening with second hand values but reading other comments people seem to think waiting lists and demand will keep the buoyant for while yet so I’ll probably see how I feel in March or April and go from there.
It sounds like supply chain issues are going to be the new norm going forward according to VAG.

https://news.google.com/articles/CB...S0yMy84OTIyOS5odG1s?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
, 718 Spyder, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
My intention was to always have the car and enjoy it. It’s just a question of whether to sell sooner while resales are still good or keep it until the next thing comes along. I don’t tend to own cars for more than a couple of years. My heart says keep the car my head says cash out and put it towards the GTS when my slot arrives!
I’d keep it and enjoy it, which you will!

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I’d be interested at what you think you would make over , as porsche have fell right off , from 5 months back

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’d be interested at what you think you would make over , as porsche have fell right off , from 5 months back
My dealer was saying it’s a year plus wait for a 4S CT Taycan still and second hand values are still holding up. I don’t know though, £115-£120k is probably not far off based on what’s available at the moment.

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
Similar boat, people keep telling me im mad given the current financial crisis but after test driving again this weekend I can’t wait to get it. Mine is supposed to be at the dealer on the 11th November.
My order was in before the price hike with apr at 6.9% not fantastic but better than current rates! Your Gts could be on a higher rate if using finance, thats another thing to consider.
Hey, Is the current apr at 10.9%?

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
My dealer was saying it’s a year plus wait for a 4S CT Taycan still and second hand values are still holding up. I don’t know though, £115-£120k is probably not far off based on what’s available at the moment.
I have a 71 plate cross turismo 4s with just over 25k in extras , done 4700 miles Teeside give me a bid of around 88 3-4 weeks ago to what I replied with so my turbo that’s coming is also going to blow a fortune , with current climate now here ,anyone looking to sell to any garage will just be low balled H spec locks on 11-2-23 and I. Not that bothered if anyone else of looking for one they might have mine , as I have a vogue coming also mega h delivery

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey, Is the current apr at 10.9%?
Yes, I was told by the sales guy last week the apr is now 10.9% on Porsche Finance. Shop around, there is better out there through brokers.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes, I was told by the sales guy last week the apr is now 10.9% on Porsche Finance. Shop around, there is better out there through brokers.
I was in Porsche on Weds last week and told that APR is going up to 11.9% !
Sponsored