First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Going 550 miles and only stopping to charge twice for 20 minutes is not bad
Not far off from an ICE. I need to stretch my legs every three hours or so and a 20 minute break is fine. That's about what I would do in my wife's BMW.
Sponsored

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Thanks. You answered my next question as well.

I should caveat that time is if the Electrify America chargers are working as designed, and in milder temps. If you try to drive from Denver to Salt Lake in the heart of winter you will probably need to make an extra stop, or charge in Glenwood Springs or Green River for a longer period.

What EV's are you evaluating, btw?

binobeetle

First Name
Binoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Focus RS
Country flag
I should caveat that time is if the Electrify America chargers are working as designed, and in milder temps. If you try to drive from Denver to Salt Lake in the heart of winter you will probably need to make an extra stop, or charge in Glenwood Springs or Green River for a longer period.

What EV's are you evaluating, btw?
Taycan CT 4S. I am cross shopping between this, 911 and RSQ8 (which I know is ridiculous to consider along with the other two :)). My mind is all over the place at this moment so considering all possible scenarios.

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Taycan CT 4S. I am cross shopping between this, 911 and RSQ8 (which I know is ridiculous to consider along with the other two :)). My mind is all over the place at this moment so considering all possible scenarios.

Three very different cars. My days of buying any kind of a gas powered vehicle are over, so I just put my name on the list for a CT 4s allocation to replace my current 4s. I will replace my Cayenne with the Rivian I have on order. But, that will probably not be for another 18 months to two years based on their slow ramp up.

binobeetle

First Name
Binoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Focus RS
Country flag
Three very different cars. My days of buying any kind of a gas powered vehicle are over, so I just put my name on the list for a CT 4s allocation to replace my current 4s. I will replace my Cayenne with the Rivian I have on order. But, that will probably not be for another 18 months to two years based on their slow ramp up.
CT 4s is currently on top of my list as well. I wanted to see first hand at a dealership before I put my name for allocation. Prestige imports does not have one coming in any time soon. They only have a RWD 4 I guess on the floor. I liked the GTS with out the cladding on the wheel arches and lowered ride height. But it's a bit too expensive for my budget at the moment.
Sponsored