Taycan 4S maximum load only 662 lbs (300kg) ?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The sticker in my 2020 Taycan 4S with P+ battery says that total weight of passengers and cargo should not exist 662lb/300kg which is very low for a four seater car of this size. That is about the weight of three adults.

According to Porsche USA site the max weight is 1402 lbs so I am not sure which one is correct.
According to Tirerack the front tires have max load 1920lbs and the rears 2200 lbs each so I don't think the tires is the limiting factor.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S maximum load only 662 lbs (300kg) ? 20201129_170059

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S maximum load only 662 lbs (300kg) ? Screenshot_20201204-151651_Samsung Internet

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
In some families, that wouldn't allow three of the heavier people to occupy the vehicle at once. American Football players JJ Watt (290 lbs) and TJ Watt (240 lbs) couldn't even bring their mom along! The average American adult male weighs 191 lbs.. The average American adult female weights 159 lbs. That max means that you could not transport four average American adults unless they were all female.

Seriously, I think it's a mistake.

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I asked Porsche USA about it and they said I should ask an authorized dealer... They did not even explain why their website lists 1402 lbs as the max allowed weight.

At this point I will assume that the car sticker is correct and 662 lbs is the max allowed weight for my vehicle. Maybe 1402 lbs is the max for a Taycan 4s without any options (i.e. Panoramic roof) and once you start adding these options they might reduce the max allowed weight.

Last edited:

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I asked Porsche USA about it and they said I should ask an authorized dealer... They did not even explain why their website lists 1402 lbs as the max allowed weight.
(Maybe its correct?)

They don't want to do any more work for you. They already got your money. Once Porsche Corporate trades you a car for your money they don't seem to care very much about delivering any more value.

They seem to push everything back on their dealers even if the dealers are clearly going to have to go right back to them for the answer or solution.

You are unclean, unworthy... They will accept your tithes, donations, or offerings, but you may not talk directly to the priesthood. You must submit your prayers through a designated vessel! Hopefully, that vessel will understand, appreciate, and be able to properly convey your inquiry. (Which, luckily in this case, should be pretty straightforward...)

This is my first Porsche and its pretty disappointing...
Sponsored

Last edited: