Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
I've grown to appreciate the "build in" settings - something I didn't in the beginning.

I'm normally in "normal" - no need for 1st gear in my day to day drive (with wife and kids in car).

When the desire is there, switch to Sport+ and the car really comes alive like and ICE with sound, shifting etc. (OK - not at all like a nice ICE... but still *some* sensory experience... that will do.)

Range - nice for long, boring drives. Mine average 140km/h / 85 Mph so the difference from my normal driving is not a lot (15 Km / 10 Mi on a 90% SOC). But I imagine if I would go down to 120... or....*brrr*... 110.. then probably the average would creep up.
But then with 275kW charge in the developed world who gives a...

Edit: I suppose my difference in Range vs. normal driving would kinda match your data, JimBob.
Sponsored

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Ha! I just picked up my 4S a week ago and planned to run a similar test..................but I am just a regular guy.............no graphs; not an engineer, scientist, actuary, or a math teacher, just a driver. I intend to charge the car to 85% and leave the house on three separate days going to the same destination about 40 miles away. Have lunch, drive home and compare the remaining charge, the number of miles of remaining range. It will clearly not be a scientific test but it will be a real world test of just taking the car to the same place using three different modes: range, normal and finally sport. I am hoping to do this this week as long as 'stuff' does not get in the way of fun. Will post on completion.
A couple of weeks ago I posted that I would be 'testing' the three different modes on my Taycan - Normal, Sport, Range. Here are the basics - 4S with Mission E's; 72 mile round trip; 68-72 degrees; partly cloudy. This was a normal drive, keeping up with traffic with no quick starts, etc. Charged to 85% on departure from home, parked in same parking spot at the mall, had lunch and returned home. Left at 11:00AM or so each day and encountered similar traffic both ways. So here are the results:

Normal drive mode
Leaving home estimated mileage 195. 57% charge, 131 estimated remaining miles on return home.

Sport drive mode
Leaving home estimated mileage 198. 57% charge, 130 estimated remaining miles on return home.

Range drive mode
Leaving home estimated mileage 210. 59% charge, 149 estimated remaining miles on return home.

What was surprising to me was the almost identical results for Normal and Sport modes particularly on the return to home SOC as well as estimated remaining miles.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Normal drive mode
Leaving home estimated mileage 195. 57% charge, 131 estimated remaining miles on return home.

Sport drive mode
Leaving home estimated mileage 198. 57% charge, 130 estimated remaining miles on return home.

Range drive mode
Leaving home estimated mileage 210. 59% charge, 149 estimated remaining miles on return home.

What was surprising to me was the almost identical results for Normal and Sport modes particularly on the return to home SOC as well as estimated remaining miles.
Interesting, thank you! So Range mode really has an impact. I need to use range mode for one full charge and see what I can get out of it.
Sponsored