TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
The article says:

The car certainly does feel livelier in Normal mode. It'll start in first gear if you're being aggressive and the rear motor stays involved more of the time. Sport mode starts off in first gear as a rule, and the throttle response is palpably sharper. Sports Plus is where Launch Control and Overboost enters the picture, but that mode and the cool steering wheel knob that enables easy changes only exists if you buy the Sports Chrono package.

I was under the impression, based on a review elsewhere here, that even without the Chrono package, you still had Sport + mode and overboost on the 4s. Does anyone know for sure?

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was under the impression, based on a review elsewhere here, that even without the Chrono package, you still had Sport + mode and overboost on the 4s. Does anyone know for sure?
According to the Porsche Good to Know app, launch control is available in Sport mode, which means you don't need the Chrono package.
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S Review: Autoblog Easily Gets 300 Miles Range in First Drive Screenshot_20200422-095304_Porsche Good to know

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
The Taycan 4S delivers Launch Control and Sport + Mode for the chassis whether you order Sport Chrono or not.

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
;) Launch Control is definitely on board, independently from Sport Chrono!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I can confirm from ahem real world testing that the 4S has Launch Control on board without Sport Chrono and yes, it works as advertised. Aaaaaaa :D!

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I can confirm from ahem real world testing that the 4S has Launch Control on board without Sport Chrono and yes, it works as advertised. Aaaaaaa :D!
Thanks very much.
Sponsored