Taycan 4s spec vs GTS

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Finalizing my spec on my 4s and I've added about ~25k in options making the MSRP to be about 145k (CAD). However, I realized that the GTS model includes a lot of those options and I'd only have to add 8-10k making it about 160k (CAD). Do you guys think I might as well pay another 15k to get the GTS?

Also, anyone go with the black/chalk beige interior and have any pics?

Thanks!
Sponsored

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Black/chalk is a great combo - see my showcase. I think really lightens the interior, adds to the looks but does not seem to be an issue from the viewpoint of keeping clean. What colour exterior are you looking at?
The GTS makes a lot of sense but my dealer was cautious about the ride (though has not driven) - our local roads are very poor (lots of potholes, manholes, rough tarmac) and the suspension tune for the GTS will be more on the sporting side than the 4S.

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
It is generally always preferable to buy the next model up with less added extras than to heavily up spec the lower model.... Go GTS

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Same dilemma here and I’ll probably stay with a 4S. Had the GTS been a CT, I may have gone for it, but the ST trim is too sporty and not enough all-road oriented for me (and to divert my wife from SUVs).

Poor road surfacing around me and semi-rural area trips would probably not fit well with a ST…

So I guess it depends if you’re OK with ST! If so, then GTS added power and added standard equipment vs 4S seem bang on.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
is delivery date roughly the same? I was in the same situation, and both models have similar (estimated) delivery. I pulled the trigger and went with GTS.

OP
OP

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
Black/chalk is a great combo - see my showcase. I think really lightens the interior, adds to the looks but does not seem to be an issue from the viewpoint of keeping clean. What colour exterior are you looking at?
The GTS makes a lot of sense but my dealer was cautious about the ride (though has not driven) - our local roads are very poor (lots of potholes, manholes, rough tarmac) and the suspension tune for the GTS will be more on the sporting side than the 4S.
Exterior planning on volcanic grey metallic. In Canada they have a black chalk and a black chalk beige that’s a bit less white than just chalk. Is yours straight chalk?

OP
OP

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
is delivery date roughly the same? I was in the same situation, and both models have similar (estimated) delivery. I pulled the trigger and went with GTS.
4s arrival is April whereas GTS they estimate potentially 6 months around June but seems like no guarantee and I kind of want it asap

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I test drove a CT 4S. I was really looking for a comfortable quiet car with a good turn of speed when I wanted. It filled the bill perfectly. I had been considering a Bentley before.
The GTS with less suspension travel and more sporty suspension setting will surely suit plenty of customers but it wasn't what I want at all.

I don't like the plastic wheel-arch trim but other than that the 4S CT is a perfect ride/handling compromise for Oxfordshire roads in "normal" and then has two more sporty settings :).
It is very wide, which did give me pause for thought over the wisdom of a car this big around here but definitely 4S for me, I wouldn't choose the GTS even if it were cheaper than the 4S.

Colour is extremely personal, but I would say when I had a black car it looked like I was neglecting it the day after it was washed during winter.
Silver is the best for not showing road dirt too badly IME.

I am bored by the plethora of monochrome "colours" on the road these days and the ubiquitous black interiors.
I do like the black/chalk beige since it has the least black of all the two tone interiors - the others are basically black interiors with coloured seat facings and the odd strip of colour.

My choice is Mamba/Blackberry, since it is definitely a colour and there is almost no black anywhere inside :)

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Finalizing my spec on my 4s and I've added about ~25k in options making the MSRP to be about 145k (CAD). However, I realized that the GTS model includes a lot of those options and I'd only have to add 8-10k making it about 160k (CAD). Do you guys think I might as well pay another 15k to get the GTS?

Thanks!
after having the 4s. with a lot of options, I suggest you buy the gts with as many options that you want and can afford. The options you think you "dont need" will be things you really enjoy. so yeah. if you have a extra a 20K go for it. In my mind i was comfortable spending up to 100K when i put my deposit down (keep in mind they did not release the sales price at that time) . after all was said and done i was in 150K with no regrets, well maybe 1 regret i should of went for the Full out turbo s. Maybe we will save that for the electric macan.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Hello there ,

I was exactly in the same spot. Had a 4s nicely spec but ended up going for the GTS as performance and aesthetic are aspects that I prioritize. As you, most of my 4s options are now standard on the GTS. Of course, one can say that half a second is almost nothing (0-100), that chassi tuning is irrelevant, making no difference in the real world when pick up the kids at school and the aesthetic between models are minimal and almost imperceptible. But to my eyes they are huge differences and as a porsche enthusiastic, a GTS model is something different only for connoisseurs.

is it worthy the extra cost? Only you can decide. For me, having the GTS badge (that I’m actually removing) and what it represents and adds to the car, absolutely yes.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Love my chalk/black interior with neodyme trim!

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s spec vs GTS 085F48C4-0BC9-42F5-877E-C586773B627D

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s spec vs GTS 3FE9C151-F38F-475A-BA00-5773AAB71DEB

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4s spec vs GTS 10481D05-FDD2-4767-BE4F-1D304A97CD03

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Love my chalk/black interior with neodyme trim!

085F48C4-0BC9-42F5-877E-C586773B627D.jpeg

3FE9C151-F38F-475A-BA00-5773AAB71DEB.jpeg

10481D05-FDD2-4767-BE4F-1D304A97CD03.jpeg
We ordered the chalk/black too, but I won't lie that when I saw it on the 4s when it arrived, I was a bit disappointed that it was not as white as in the configurator. However, we've ordered the same interior color again this time around.

To answer the Op's original question, our first order in '19 for the MY20 model, we ordered the 4s. And now, we're ordering the Turbo. We got the 911 C2S, and I can't tell you how many times I wished I had gotten the Turbo. On our previous house, we decided to build a smaller house than the model we saw, and ended up selling it to build the same size as the model. The point? Get what you want from the start or it'll cost you more to get it again...

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Straight Black/Chalk. The amount that is the lighter colour varies between the combos and the Black/Beige has more beige which I think would be less practical - doors mainly beige so lots of scuff marks.
I originally thought I wanted Volcano (previous Panamera was Agate Grey), but when I saw it in dealership it was a definite no - really dark grey (charcoal), so no so practical and did not really show off the lines of the car that a lighter colour does - obviously very personal.
Agreed, GTS has lots of options I would have liked and will likely retain 'value' more than a fully optioned 4S, but for me I would rather have it (more likely) sooner and exactly how I want it and not be so worried about resell value in 3 to 6 years time...

kewina12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you guys think the GTS generally would hold value better than a spec’d out 4S with similar options?

Going back and forth on my build and after adding all the specs on a 4S, the differential is only an extra $11.5k to go to a GTS with the same specs.

This would be a basic daily driver for me in city streets, not driving on a. track or mountains, etc. so GTS may be too much car but may do GTS if it’s really only $11k more and would hold more value.

Doing a side-by-side, e.g. the 4S build has a $4.7k cost for chalk seats, but only $570 in GTS build, or $8170 for mission E wheels/PSCB brakes but only $5580 in the GTS build. It’s like they’re highly encouraging and pushing you to the GTS and doesn’t make sense to spec out a 4S.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited: