Taycan 4s UK delivery expectations 2021...

Add07

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E-class, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi All

New to this and looking for some help.

I placed an order with Porsche East London for an Taycan 4s at the beginning of April 21. I received an update this week but didn't expect to be told that I shouldn't see delivery until the last quarter of this year. Can anyone confirm if that is normal to see 6+ months for build... I was never told this at order stage.

I found the comment unusual as I have been reading some previous threads on here and the average period was approx. 4months from order to delivery, excluding and unusual cases.

The guy I am dealing with at Porsche doesn't seem to be to interested in dealing with me. After placing my order over email, signing the digital form and completing my deposit I received no response to say either congratulations or thanks etc. No Biggy, but thought it a little strange.

I know its only been a little over a month but, I have received no updates - is that normal? Anyway, I chased for an update the back end of this week and early this before I got any response and when I did it was a single lined email, as follows;

I would estimate that your order will be around the last quarter of this year, we are expiring long delays with the Taycan, I will keep updated as soon as the factory release more information.

Did anyone else experience this type of service, is this normal from Porsche?

Thank you in advance for any feedback...
Sponsored

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
Interested in this. Ordered my RWD 18/4 and was told a few weeks ago that it is being built end of May and the dealer expects to see the car end of June.

However, we also have a Mercedes EQC on order and received an email on Monday saying that production has been halted indefinitely. Sales guy thinks it’sprobably due to the semiconductor chip shortages.

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
1. I believe EQC delays due to battery issues

2. Taycan deliveries - I believe RWD version not quite as in demand as the other versions - so delivery much quicker

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I picked up my 4S a couple of weeks ago, five months after placing the order. When collecting it I mentioned to my salesman that it was a long wait and a month longer than they had told me when I placed the order. He told me that the delivery time is even longer now and if I placed an order now it would arrive in December, so in line with your dealer.

If you placed an order a month ago, I wouldn't expect an update for a while. You can ask them for the expected production date and your lock date (the date after which you cannot make any changes without incurring further delays).

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I believe the Taycan (sedan) has a long waiting list. Some dealers quoting 6 months, some are quoting 9 months plus.

It depends on the model as Porsche prioritises/allocates a certain number of specific models.

I ordered a Cross Turismo 4s in March and been told I should be taking delivery in June. (most likely end of June)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer has said late 2021 / early 2022 delivery for recent orders.
They also said certain options are delaying cars due to semi conducted shortages (eg 14/18 way seats).

And dont get to upset that they dont get too excited about a purchase.
To you it's a lot of cash, but to a dealer its just another car - which if you don't buy, the next in line will.

Pay doesn't need to be excessive when a product sells itself.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I ordered my RWD in March, with an expected delivery in early June, which has been pushed back to late June. RWD is currently being prioritised.

Back in March, my sales agent told me if I ordered the 4S then expected delivery would Q3 or Q4. Porsche need to produce CT variants too.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
In March when I enquired about delivery I was told I would be looking at Q4. Surprised the dealer didn't mention that to you at the time.

My brief contact with Porsche east london is not favourable.
Sent a build to them. Received a call from sales to follow up enquiry. Asked for finance quote. Quote never received. Funnily the last contact I had with them is when the manager told sales to call me with regards to an enquiry I made to select car leasing. I politely told them they must have thought I was a timewaster previously and therefore I would not waste anymore of their time.

Taken my business to Porsche Hatfield. Just need to decide whether to get CT or saloon.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer has said late 2021 / early 2022 delivery for recent orders.
They also said certain options are delaying cars due to semi conducted shortages (eg 14/18 way seats).

And dont get to upset that they dont get too excited about a purchase.
To you it's a lot of cash, but to a dealer its just another car - which if you don't buy, the next in line will.

Pay doesn't need to be excessive when a product sells itself.
I understand where you are coming from about the value of the cars and there are plenty of buyers. But I would have to completely disagree with you.

Waiting lists for certain Rolex's, Pateks, Hermes handbags are years!.... But when I buy I am made to feel special.
That's customer service training, and if you are not made to feel special buying a £100k car then the salesperson is not up to the job.
Just my opinion

OP
OP

Add07

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In March when I enquired about delivery I was told I would be looking at Q4. Surprised the dealer didn't mention that to you at the time.

My brief contact with Porsche east london is not favourable.
Sent a build to them. Received a call from sales to follow up enquiry. Asked for finance quote. Quote never received. Funnily the last contact I had with them is when the manager told sales to call me with regards to an enquiry I made to select car leasing. I politely told them they must have thought I was a timewaster previously and therefore I would not waste anymore of their time.

Taken my business to Porsche Hatfield. Just need to decide whether to get CT or saloon.
Loving the CT with the Turismo wheels… ??

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I understand where you are coming from about the value of the cars and there are plenty of buyers. But I would have to completely disagree with you.

Waiting lists for certain Rolex's, Pateks, Hermes handbags are years!.... But when I buy I am made to feel special.
That's customer service training, and if you are not made to feel special buying a £100k car then the salesperson is not up to the job.
Just my opinion
I agree that it should be a more special ecperience, but it often isn't the case I have found.

Rolex purchasing will usually be an even worse experience than Porsche.

Rolex ADs just don't want people there unless they are: whales (existing) / purchasing PM models / bundling with other stuff they don't want.
My AD said they get at least 100 Calls and emails a day from people wanting hot models.

Obviously randons even getting near a waiting list for a PP Nautilus or Birkin handbag isn't going to happen.

I have also found Porsche sales staff to be as transient as those from any other manufacturer.

Sad but true.

JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All

New to this and looking for some help.

I placed an order with Porsche East London for an Taycan 4s at the beginning of April 21. I received an update this week but didn't expect to be told that I shouldn't see delivery until the last quarter of this year. Can anyone confirm if that is normal to see 6+ months for build... I was never told this at order stage.

I found the comment unusual as I have been reading some previous threads on here and the average period was approx. 4months from order to delivery, excluding and unusual cases.

The guy I am dealing with at Porsche doesn't seem to be to interested in dealing with me. After placing my order over email, signing the digital form and completing my deposit I received no response to say either congratulations or thanks etc. No Biggy, but thought it a little strange.

I know its only been a little over a month but, I have received no updates - is that normal? Anyway, I chased for an update the back end of this week and early this before I got any response and when I did it was a single lined email, as follows;

I would estimate that your order will be around the last quarter of this year, we are expiring long delays with the Taycan, I will keep updated as soon as the factory release more information.

Did anyone else experience this type of service, is this normal from Porsche?

Thank you in advance for any feedback...
i ordered a CT in March. Told to expect delivery in July. I wonder if they are prioritising CT over the summer at the expense of fewer 4S build slots? Dealer told me the chip shortage was affecting Macans but not Taycans (yet!).

OP
OP

Add07

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i ordered a CT in March. Told to expect delivery in July. I wonder if they are prioritising CT over the summer at the expense of fewer 4S build slots? Dealer told me the chip shortage was affecting Macans but not Taycans (yet!).
Interesting, thank you. After reading so much on here with people’s experiences and the dealer reluctant to give any information I’m guessing you could be right. I also wonder if they prioritise how much you spend with them too…
Appreciate all the feedback

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Interesting, thank you. After reading so much on here with people’s experiences and the dealer reluctant to give any information I’m guessing you could be right. I also wonder if they prioritise how much you spend with them too…
Appreciate all the feedback
Porsche favour existing customers especially big spenders - annoying but understandable

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree that it should be a more special ecperience, but it often isn't the case I have found.

Rolex purchasing will usually be an even worse experience than Porsche.

Rolex ADs just don't want people there unless they are: whales (existing) / purchasing PM models / bundling with other stuff they don't want.
My AD said they get at least 100 Calls and emails a day from people wanting hot models.

Obviously randons even getting near a waiting list for a PP Nautilus or Birkin handbag isn't going to happen.

I have also found Porsche sales staff to be as transient as those from any other manufacturer.

Sad but true.
Completely agree with what you are saying.
But it is wrong and that's really annoying.
As a consumer, when we spend our hard earned cash we should be made to feel special.

The issue, as you mentioned, is that buyers are wiling to buy from dealers offering poor service because they don't have much choice ?
Sponsored