Taycan 4s UK delivery expectations 2021...

JohnS

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All

New to this and looking for some help.

I placed an order with Porsche East London for an Taycan 4s at the beginning of April 21. I received an update this week but didn't expect to be told that I shouldn't see delivery until the last quarter of this year. Can anyone confirm if that is normal to see 6+ months for build... I was never told this at order stage.

I found the comment unusual as I have been reading some previous threads on here and the average period was approx. 4months from order to delivery, excluding and unusual cases.

The guy I am dealing with at Porsche doesn't seem to be to interested in dealing with me. After placing my order over email, signing the digital form and completing my deposit I received no response to say either congratulations or thanks etc. No Biggy, but thought it a little strange.

I know its only been a little over a month but, I have received no updates - is that normal? Anyway, I chased for an update the back end of this week and early this before I got any response and when I did it was a single lined email, as follows;

I would estimate that your order will be around the last quarter of this year, we are expiring long delays with the Taycan, I will keep updated as soon as the factory release more information.

Did anyone else experience this type of service, is this normal from Porsche?

Thank you in advance for any feedback...
Hi, I put my order in for a 4s last week and was advised 6/12 wait. The reason offered being that Porsche had reduced the UK’s allocation (presumably along with other markets) due to COVID effects on production.
Sponsored

L9SAK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered my 4S in August 2020 and I received it on the 30th March 2021......for a short time. It has now gone back in with a series of malfunctions regarding PCM and a curious crack bisecting the rear window (making it structurally inefficient), which I have noticed on this Forum site occurring on a few Taycans (in almost exactly the same place). ............

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Hi, I put my order in for a 4s last week and was advised 6/12 wait. The reason offered being that Porsche had reduced the UK’s allocation (presumably along with other markets) due to COVID effects on production.
I placed my order for a 4CT in May, original build completion was 23/07, called today for an update and have been told 30/07 but may slip further.

Also enquired about switch to a 4S CT, was told June/July/Aug allocation is filled and there are 5 people waiting in front of me, so would be looking Nov/Dec.

For the sedan 4S there are 25 people waiting without an allocation!!

Needless to say I’m sticking with my original build!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Add07

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E-class, Audi Q7
Country flag
I ordered my 4S in August 2020 and I received it on the 30th March 2021......for a short time. It has now gone back in with a series of malfunctions regarding PCM and a curious crack bisecting the rear window (making it structurally inefficient), which I have noticed on this Forum site occurring on a few Taycans (in almost exactly the same place). ............
Sorry to hear. I hope you get these issues resolved quickly..
Sponsored